It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

20.10.04

The Curse...

Oh my God, I think that David Ortiz is ready to break the Curse himself if it kills him. I was one of those people who wrote y'all off when you went 0-3, and I swear that I will take back every bad thing that I ever thought about you if you just knock those cocky assed Yankees on their asses. Oh my god, a grand fucking slam. I wonder what that feeling is in the collective throat of every fan in Yankees stadium right now???

I am addicted to Lost, and I think I'm just confused most of the time. It's fantastic. His dad *is* on the island? But he's dead? But his body is missing? I mean, if the crash made the old paralyzed guy walk, can it bring the dad back to life? So many questions, so few answers.

Have I mentioned that I have a trial starting soon? I'm not sure if this one will really go or not. We have a motion for summary judgment pending that, truth be told, we *should* win, though I don't have a good feeling about it. (They *lied* in their affidavits, I mean directly contradicted their testimony and flat out lied, and it will be obvious - but is a Judge going to make that determination? Probably not.) But the facts in this case are so - amazing. For us. Greatly so. Meanwhile, we have refused to make any settlement offer at all. I mean, not even nuisance value. So the Plaintiffs are pissed off. It's beautiful. The Judge wants us to settle (I think that's why he isn't ruling on the motion - it's been pending since May) and is putting some pressure on us (and I am sure he will at the final pretrial on Nov. 1) but he can't really *force* us to. But the thing is - I am floundering with everything that has to be done in a relatively short period of time, with everything else that I somehow have to find time to do. Ugh!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Watching the Yankees losing this badly at this point in the game is, I must admit, quite a nice way to spend one's Wednesday evening.

    Yes, I have no life.

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Down 0-3, I didn't think they could do it, either. But what a great sports story. And, it took place at Yankee Stadium. Sweet, sweet revenge.

    And yay for another Lost addict. I really don't know what's up with Jack's dad, either. We'll eventually get some answers, which will then give us more questions. That's how JJ Abrams works.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.