It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

22.10.04

Where Is Our Constitution When We Need Our Liberties Protected From Tyrants?

Via mousemusings, comes the story of just how far our First Amendment has truly fallen. Where is the outrage?? Since when is this obscenity?




"I know it when I see it" -- and this sure as hell ain't it...What are we teaching our kids??

I have to drive to Scranton PA tomorrow. In case you were wondering what that means, I have to wake up, drive about 6 1/2 hours to have DINNER, and then drive back. That's it. Driving across PA via 80 just might be the most boring thing ever. At least there is the possibility that the leaves will be changing. Why subject myself to Scranton PA, when I couldn't wait to leave the year I was there? Well, the Judge that I worked for has a "reunion" every year. In December. Last December there was a friggin' blizzard on the way home, and I complained, so he changed the date of the reunion, which of course, makes it so that I *have* to go. So yes, I have 13 hours of driving for a 3 hour dinner...

Tonight I made calls to voters for Kerry's campaign. I was all flustered when there were multiple voters on the same telephone number - who do you ask for? Then, you identify yourself and ask if they have a moment, and one guy actually told me, "you Kerry people can go to hell." Aahh...so should I mark that down as a Bush supporter??

Fun story, calling these voters, one was actually old "friend"...what does one do?? I figured, I'm getting an answering machine about 95% of the time, what are the odds that he's home on a Friday night? So I called to leave the message...and he was home. D'oh. I was so flustered, I accidentally skipped over the start of the speech (the part asking if it was him - I knew it was him already). Then I just felt dumb. I recognized his voice right away (it helped that I knew it would be him before I called) but I'm not sure if he realized it was me - then again, after that many years, why would he expect a random Kerry caller to be someone from a half a decade ago? Anyway, he was in the middle of dinner, but said I could call tomorrow and he would answer the questions. I will take that as confirmation that he was a Kerry supporter. See, I had good taste even in high school...

Chech out the alternate realities of Bush and Kerry supporters - I knew Bush supporters were loco. This explains so much...
Bush Supporters Misled
A new study by the Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) shows that supporters of President Bush hold wildly inaccurate views about the world. For example, "a large majority [72 percent] of Bush supporters believe that before the war Iraq had weapons of mass destruction."Most Bush supporters [57 percent] also believe that the recently released report by Charles Duelfer, the administration's hand-picked weapons inspector, concluded Iraq either had WMD or a major program for developing them. In fact, the report concluded "Saddam Hussein did not produce or possess any weapons of mass destruction for more than a decade before the U.S.-led invasion" and the U.N. inspection regime had "curbed his ability to build or develop weapons."

According to the study, 75 percent Bush supporters also believe "
Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda." Most Bush supporters [55 percent] believe that was the conclusion of the 9/11 commission. In fact, the 9/11 commission concluded there was no "collaborative relationship" between al-Qaeda and Iraq.

Bush supporters also hold inaccurate views about world public opinion of the war in Iraq and a range of Bush's foreign policy positions.

Just reaffirms what I always suspected - Bush supporters are idiots...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The suppression of political dissent in the United States is something of concern to us in Canada as well - unfortunately what your government gets away with our government will try.

    Stageleft:. Life on the left side

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Susannity said…

    It is tyranny we are moving towards and I must say I don't understand why the masses aren't more concerned about our civil liberties. I blogged about it at:
    http://blogdiscussion.blogspot.com/2004/10/tyranny-bushs-limits-on-civil.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.