It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

2.10.04

Time Marches On

Thursday was my best friend from high school's 30th birthday. I might have mentioned her before - freaking out b/c not married with kids by 25 - and we aren't close anymore (and shockingly, haven't been since she was 25).

Anyway, since it was her 30th birthday, which is a big deal, I called to wish her a happy birthday. She wasn't that interested in talking. Shocker. I guess I should have expected it. In the two years that I've been back in Cleveland, we've gotten together once. If you add up all the times she's called me in the last two years, you'll probably not need two hands, and certaintly not need three. And yet still, I'll call her two or three times a year to say hi and for a moment across telephone wires, try to stop time. (It doesn't work, if you were curious.) Besides, not much is is going on in her life. I mean, she went in Friday (yesterday) to have a C-section for her second child and all. So obviously, nothing new has gone on in her life since we last talked in March. She has never once asked me how work is or anything with my life. And then she will send Christmas cards, writing how much she misses me and everything. It is so easy for people to say things that they obviously don't mean??

But enough of that, because tonight is the Vote for Change tour. With REM! Which means, since they tried to be evil cancelled the Akron concert later this month (and it really irritates me that I have to pay for the service fee for a concert cancelled more than a month later), this is my sole opportunity to see REM.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Semi on-topic: Check Tony Pierce. He quotes from a particular REM song.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger melyssa said…

    i just hate that ... the moving on part. but it happens. i've begun to learn that there's a season and a reason for everyone and everything in our life. many friends have moved on from me, and i have moved on from many friends because the time has simply passed. but look on the bright side, you always meet new, cool friends ... like me! :-)

    "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." (i'm paraphrasing somebody, but i don't remember who. — hey don't judge me, it's late for me and i've been writing papers all night :-))

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    This has nothing to do with this post, but I want to say that I still enjoy your blog, despite what the Browns did to my Redskins today. (Arg.) So far I've only seen the final score, so I don't know what happened, but it doesn't look good for Gibbs' crew.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.