It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

28.9.04

Stephanie's Shock Of The Day

The partner just called my arbitration brief, "Snappy, compelling, and to the point."

Wow. This was, in my opinion, the single worst thing I've ever turned in. Ever. It was written in pure desperation late one evening, three days past the draft date, by slitting my wrists with a plastic knife and letting the words drip onto the paper, bore out of my horrendous writers block that I've had. I was literally ashamed to hand it in, but it was so late that I had to do something, and quitting to join the circuit, while appealing, obviously wouldn't work due to my innate and irrational fear of clowns. I'm just stunned right now. I've been trying to hide from him b/c I thought for sure he was going to come in and fire me and it's too close to my birthday to be fired.

Now if only I could somehow get this discovery done, my life would be almost not stressful drowning feeling awful for two whole weeks...Hmm...maybe I should go back to the circus idea??

2 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger melyssa said…

    um... am i lost? didn't you just have a birthday?

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    10 months IS too close to my birthday to get fired!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.