It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

27.9.04

Stephanie-Media Reports...

Wait, NOW I'm suppose to have SYMPATHY for Lynndie England because she's pregnant?? Are the kidding me?? Her photos from Abu Ghraib represent anything BUT a sympathetic character. And just cause she's pregnant, she's getting special treatment by coming back to the US. Ugh! And her poor child - both parents are (hopefully) going away for a long time. I feel sorry for her future child, but not enough to say that this girl deserves anything less than the full sentence.

If Bin Laden is in Pakistan, why is my cousin currently searching for him in Afghanistan? And why isn't he releasing video or audio tapes lately? Even the 9.11 anniversary wasn't him. That would seem to suggest that he's either dead, captured, hurt or sick and he doesn't want to tip his hand as to that, or is planning something major (b/c I think the chatter dies down right before something.) I wonder whether the rumors that we have Bin Laden are true. I think that certainly a lot of people believe that, and if he is caught in October, it will certainly raise suspicions. This is the cynical Stephanie talking right now...

And yes, if beans suggest the winner of the 2004 presidential election, its a close race but it appears that Bush will win. Wow, I wonder what the aroma in that room will be like... Hey....aren't there already Bush baked beans? Fraud, fraud!!

I was once pulled over for going 100 mph (I was 16...and scared to death) but never 205. I stand in awe. "...Certainly anyone who flouts the law to that extent is seen by some as a latter-day Robin Hood, flying in the face of authority and doing stuff we all want to do but common..." Hmm...Robin Hood stole from the rich to give to the poor. This guy was just speeding. I never consider myself a Robin Hood when I speed. I just consider myself in a hurry. See how little I know.

Wow, I find Conan so incredibly unfunny that I can't imagine this. I can list 1001 people who deserve the host the Tonight Show more than Conan. Ick.

And this may sound weird but do all these hurricanes mean that the world is ending? It's been a wild hurricane season. Reasons not to live in Florida shirts...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    I remember an audio interview of England, in which she was supposedly speaking for herself but was obviously getting her words from her lawyer. She was saying stuff that sounded like "When the enemy combatants were positioned in the hallway in a linear fashion, I egressed into the adjacent location per the implicit communications of my superior officer."

    Uh huh.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    Conan? Wow...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.