It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

17.1.05

I got dropped...

I got a call on my cell phone from a friend from law school yesterday. "Oh my God, can you believe what she is wearing?!" she shrieked. In my ear. Loudly.

Now while I don't mind mocking people, she lives in another state and I'm sitting on my couch watching the Indy/Pats game surrounded by a bunch of interesting legal case research to incorporate into a brief. (I'm actually not being sarcastic for once. I truly did find the issues I was researching complex and interesting.)

So my problem with this conversation: we aren't together looking at anyone. So I'm confusd. (I'm also confuses as to why I call Indy by the city name (instead of the Colts) yet call the Pats by the team name (instead of the location, NE). Or, rather, why I'm not consistent with one or the other. But I digress.)

So I say what any confused person would say. "Huh?? Did you mean to call ME??"

"The Golden Globes, The Golden Globes, The Golden Globes, The Golden Globes" she chants. It sounded like those monks that were popular a while back. I was somewhat frightened at what her response would be to my next comment...

"Oh, are those on today?" I ask her. Genuinely clueless.

She hung up on me.

How the hell was I supposed to know?? I'm still writing 2004 on my checks...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger melyssa said…

    i'm with ya. the golden globes are on my list with the oscars. however, i was happy to read that jamie foxx got due credit for his work in ray.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.