It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

12.1.05

Does anyone else find this truly disturbing. Oh, not that another celebrity spoiled couple broke up. That CNN uses words like "frenzy" and compares the news to the fall of the Berlin Wall. THAT is disturbing. Shame.

And I own a home. This is no real surprise to those who have heard my trials and tribulations over simple things like mowing the lawn, cooking, changing light bulbs, and painting. But it really hit me last night: it's my home. I was about to go on upstairs to bed, turned off all the lights, and navigated my way through the house in the dark when it hit me. It's my home...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    I am truly disturbed that you own a home.....err, I'm disturbed that People magazine "sent all boats out" to cover the story. ;)

    I'm still waiting for the home thing to fully hit me....right now its a place I visit, that I have to take care of, and that costs a bunch of money.....can hardly wait to tear into things though (if it ever happens; who knows may end up renting out my home).

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Hey now, not only do I own my own home, I put over $30,000 into it last year in about 6 months between the down payment and mortgage. (That is disturbing!! I could really use $30,000!)

    "I'm still waiting for the home thing to fully hit me....right now its a place I visit, that I have to take care of, and that costs a bunch of money"

    That's exactly how I felt!

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Dern said…

    You win. You've got me beat (cause I put zero down).

    And thanks.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger George Nemeth said…

    Must have been a slow news day...

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger BarbaraMG said…

    I think it is sad the way the media proclaims celebrity marriage break-ups. I think this is sad because I think Aniston and Pitt really did love each other at one time.
    PS-Thnaks for stopping by my blog!
    http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.