It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

4.4.05

I guess I'm not going to know the next Pope. After learning that the only rules to become Pope were to be a single Catholic male, I spoke with my friends who I knew were Catholic. None seem to believe that the Cardinals will be discussing their name next week. I got responses from "since 1378 it's always been a Cardinal" to the most popular response, "but I don't believe in God and/or the Catholic Church and/or I'm not a virgin" (that last part was NOT one of the requirements that I heard, just unmarried) to -- my personal favorite -- "I got married two weeks ago." Umm...why wasn't I invited? "We met three weeks ago; we flew to Vegas." What?!? That's awesome...Still a little miffed I didn't get a 10 pm phone call, but whatever.


But here's my question for all. It occurred to me this morning that I can't even commit to a radio station. This perhaps comes as no surprise to those who actually know me, but whenever a commercial comes on, rather than wait out the 2 minutes, I have to change the channel. If a song I don't want to hear comes on, channel changes. I can't stay on one channel, even my favorite. This has led me to conclude this morning that the only thing that I *am* capable of committing to long term are my sports teams. But my question was whether others did this with the radio as well.


And finally, Clevelanders (actually, this is regional buzz)! This Saturday starts Body Worlds II at The Great Lakes Science Center. This is an exhibition of real human bodies preserved by by plastination (which I know almost nothing about). It opened its US tour in LA, where, because of demand, the exhibit was open 24/7 explosion. The traffic jams to get off on the exit was awful even by LA standards, and there were more than five-hour long lines. See here.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger BarbaraMG said…

    I have heard that nothing is impossible but I guess some things are. A non-Catholic woman Pope...

    http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Radio? What's that?

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thankyouthanktyouthankyou for the heads-up on that exhibit. Hawk has a week off at the end of the month & we're going to the R&RHoF w/ Baby Z. I can't wait to see this as well. I hope we pick a good day & time.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Barbara, I had no chance either.

    Lori, it's the thing that Brian and Joe are on in the am.

    Eden, I can't wait to see it either. It's supposed to be simply fantastic.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    What criteria!

    I'm glad to see the Catholic Church promotes freedom, diversity and choice. At least it's not acting like a relic of some sort.

    Um.... yeah.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    Hi Stephanie,

    I'd like to request a posting about your outlook for the Indians this year. There's a lot to like about those guys - I think they have a great chance of beating out the White Sox for finishing second in the AL Central ;) .

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Dern said…

    I have an inane laziness that drives me to living the dial where it is......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.