It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

28.3.05

My short sleeve shirts are mad at me. I know what you are thinking, "Stephanie, shirts are inanimate objects -- they can't be *mad* at you, they can only be pissed off at you." But really, they are. I can tell. And so they should. I have ignored them for months. Maybe 6 months? They are feeling hurt and neglected. They can't understand what they did wrong. And I try to tell them, "it's not you, it's me" but it just sounds so hollow. Who ever *really* means that?? "The weather" is just an excuse. The relationship is different now. Strained. I just don't have the same affection for them right now. There are something else on my mind now - long sleeved shirts.

But here's my problem. I have a 4 BR house. Which means that I have 4 closets. Great, right? Except ALL FOUR CLOSETS have clothes in them. They *technically* aren't all "full" but they are definitely being used. Though in my defense, I almost never go into one of the closets, and the second one is more my winter non-work clothes. My sweatshirts. My turtlenecks (which I think I last wore when I went skiing a few years ago.) And I have one closet just full of t-shirts alone. ("My name is ***, and I have a problem.")

So I figured that I'd do a little spring cleaning. So I went through yesterday to see if I should toss anything. But I have attachment issues. This attempt just reminded of clothes that I haven't worn in years but have memories associated with, and I feel guilty for abandoning.

Then I went to look at my shoes. I have 46 pair of shoes. I can go through the rundown, but the fact is that I have 7 pair of Converse in varying colors (and no orange; my latest quest). But my biggest problem is clearly black shows. I have 15 pair of black shoes, plus one pair of black and grey shoes, plus one pair of black and white Mary Janes. But today, I couldn't find any black shoes that I wanted to wear. Not to "springy." Not a high heal. Not a flat. Not to formal; I was wearing black pants and a sweater. Obviously, I need to go shopping.

And for an unrelated query, does anyone else keep whipped cream at their house just for occasions when you need something sweet? I think perhaps I need help. I prefer the taste of Cool Whip, but I prefer the "whoorsh" sound as you eat Readi Whip.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said…

    Ok,
    I have similar problems. But I finally moved to an apartment where I can't have all of that stuff. So I culled it. And it was hard. I tossed anything I haven't worn for 2 years or more (except things like black tie occasion dresses, etc.). A friend told me that "things" should be thought of as "experiences" rather than items. That kind of helped me get that Bucky Badger sweatshirt from the Wisconsin days out of my sweatshirt collection. I have a black shoe problem too, and that I haven't solved yet! Good luck
    -Jw

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    Yeah, when I lived in NYC, it was not pleasant when it came to my clothes. Decisions were made. It was tough. Hmm..."things" as "experiences," I'll try that. But I LOVE my college sweatshirts!!!

    Perhaps there are support groups for our black shoe problems? Except I haven't bought a pair of black shoes in a month!! Go me! (Though I am getting itchy...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.