It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

30.7.04

The Village

Don't waste your money. I was pretty disappointed in this. And considering the fact that I got to stare at Joaquin Phoenix for a while, that says a lot. First, the one "twist" was evident a mile away. The other "twist" (the real twist) I didn't see, but the other three people I was with did. I was staring at the movie, mouth agape, thinking, "what the fuck??" The characters are well developed, and anything with Joaquin is adorable, but really, the movie itself, it finished and I thought, "this guys gets weirder and weirder with each movie." The plot line was just...silly. Silly like "water kills aliens in Signs" silly. Irritatingly nonbelievable. I am always scared, so I was often frightened, hiding behind my hands, but it really wasn't scary. It was just the promise of being scary. The best part was when Joaquin was being all romantic, b/c he's just adorable. Then, it was raining when the movie got out, and all I wanted to do was dance in the rain. I love summer rain...

OOH! Can Wickman save game #2?? Of course, yesterday was an off day, but I'm wondering if he should try to pitch in a one run game. He's kinda inconsistent. He usually gives ulcers in his saves. For example, one out and the tying run on second base. Ooh! Two outs. BUT a runner at third base (on a passed ball). And Randa up. Full count. Oh, the drama. I hate baseball. I really do. But the Twins lost AND White Sox have lost their 6th game in a row. So if we win, we are 4 1/2 out of first place. More importantly (because come on, we are NOT playoff material just yet), we could be only HALF a game behind the White Sox. This is important because I hate the White Sox. Randa is 5 for 18 against Wickman in his career too. ONE MORE PITCH...ball four. And Sweeney is now up. Talk about a hitter you DON'T want to see. He's 2 for 6 against Wickman. And it's a tie game. In extra innings (Omar cut down Randa at the plate for the win.) Damn baseball...Extra innings. But guess that means Wickman can't get save #2, even though he had an off day. Gak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.