It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

23.7.04

Meandering thoughts of the day...

Bitch Counsel's motion for sanctions was denied. Our motion to amend the answer (the reason for the motion for sanctions; she agreed to "withdraw" her motion if we withdrew our motion to amend and removed the argument from our (still pending) summary judgment brief) was granted. Take that, BC! On a related note, there is a FOURTH person on this case now. At one time, I was #2. Now I'm #4. But I think I'm actually #3, because I think the third person they put on was taken off the case when the put the fourth person on. He's a partner, so it's two partners and me, the lowely associate. Preparing for my first trial.

My Greek relatives are again descending upon my house. Yikes. The last time they were here, I may or may not have mentioned, they broke my sink (since fixed). I laid down the law this time: if a contact falls down the sink, it's staying down the sink. No taking the pipes of my house apart.  (I actually found it all quite funny, I was just pissy b/c I wanted to leave.) The bad news: I haven't done laundry since they were here, which is twofold bad: (1) I have no clean towels for them!! and (2) I am out of clean clothes and had to wear a skirt today. Yes, a skirt. Shock and awe at this tragic turn of events. Actually, despite my joshing, I don't mind skirts. What I do mind is being FORCED to wear a skirt, whether it is for Easter Sunday, court, or because I ran out of clothes. I think this goes to my inability to not have myself be in total control of everything.

I also discovered a huge bruise that I can only conclude is from paintball. It's right where I got hit, but I hadn't seen a bruise there at the time. Now I have this yellow thing. It's either that or jaundice (which I had when I was a baby. I guess I was bubble girl for a while. I don't remember it though.)

I am not sure I could meet a potential soul mate at a Ugly Man festival.

And you knew it was only a matter of time before "Girley Men" became a t-shirt to wear.  I still want the Michael Stipe t-shirt, which isn't exactly like this, but similar. (His is light blue/grey with the navy trim.)

And now off to happy hour...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.