It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

22.7.04

The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life

Today’s installation of random why-on-earth-did-I-save-this articles: The First Day of the rest of your Life. - Overcoming the Post-Graduation Blues. Also by Lew. (Maybe I had a crush on him??) This is from Dirt #2, which I have no recollection of ever hearing or, let alone reading, but I guess I did. I can’t guess the year at all. This has small print and I’m on a short leash time-wise because I didn't want to work yesterday and trial stuff is due almost immediately, so I’m going to cut to the chase here. (I"ll get to my questions later...I know you are are all waiting with baited breath for my next set of opinions on morally challenging opinions.)

If you’ve recently graduated (or are about to) and have your life all mapped out, you’re more organized than anyone I’ve ever met. My condolences. If you’re normal and slightly confused (even if you do have sort of a plan), may I suggest perusing the following ten-step method of putting things into perspective. In a roundabout way, these ten steps include the best raints of the most self-fulfilled people I know.

STEP ONE. Rent and watch Dead Poets Society.

STEP TWO. Do the same with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

STEP THREE. Combine the motivational day-seizing from item one with the reckless pursuit of amusement from item two and take both to heart.

STEP FOUR. Never, ever be afraid of appearing stupid.

STEP FIVE. When you blow it (which you will, just like everybody else), figure out what when wrong.

STEP SIX. When in doubt, do it.

STEP SEVEN. Take life too seriously and you will freak out. Humor is to human beings what deflector shields were to the Millennium Falcon.

STEP EIGHT. What was the last really cool thing you did? Do it again today or find something better and do that/ Repeat this step daily.

STEP NINE. The desire to get everything you want from life is a cinch. It’s the patience and dedication that are hard work. Remember: a million dollars is earned a hundred bucks at a time.
STEP TEN. Driving is much more fun than riding in the passenger’s seat. This is a metaphor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.