It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

20.7.04

Munchies, trials, comedy, commericals, and an open call for legal analysis

Yikes. I mean, I've gotten the munchies in the middle of the night before, but geesh.

On other things, I'm busy preparing for two trials at the same time. It's difficult because something like jury instructions aren't even the same. One's in state court and one's in federal court, so even the general ones differ. Meanwhile, I got another lawsuit in today as well - I'm dealing with this counsel on another case, and he's pretty agreeable, works through problems, isn't immature or mean spirited. He just believes his client, who is a liar liar pants on fire. But trusting people isn't necessarily a bad thing - or so I've been told often enough, I guess I don't know from my own experience.

And for those who watch Last Comic Standing, YAY to John Heffron for making it to the final 5. Seriously, his comedy today had me in stitches. More props to John. Seriously, he's hysterical. I've never seen him before, and he is just funny in everything that he does. His is self-depreciating, which I admit that I enjoy. His style is everyday things. He doesn't depend on trite stereotypes. He is funny around the house. And he's cute in a little boy way. He is just great. I am his newest biggest fan. Then again, last season my favorite was Rob Cantrell, and he went down in a blaze of glory (unfairly so, his semi-colon comment was truly brilliant, and I think he lost because the audience had no idea what a semi-colon was).

And I was thinking today listening to George Bush and John Kerry who "approved this message" about 50 times. Ohio is one of the "battleground" states for the election. Mainly because no Republican has ever lost the state of Ohio and managed to win the presidency. (And Ohio has successfully picked the "winner" 82% of the time - go us.) Which is one of those coincidences, but someone wants it to mean something, and the end result is that Ohio gets every single political commercials. Which means every dirty trick, I get to hear. Both sides. It's actually kinda irritating. I'd rather her what THEY plan to do to fix the mess our country is in than misrepresent the other person's position or plans are. That's my two cents to both candidates.

So what do people thing about this? And here. (And soon to be in the NY Times.) I was a philosophy major - I managed to take philosophy classes without being told that I had to be a Catholic. In fact, while going over intro, we didn't spend half of the classes on Aquinas. My syllabuses didn't have a disclaimer saying that the professor was a Catholic and therefore much ofthe class would be about how the Catholic religion was correct and if you disagreed with that or had a problem with religion, you would find yourself on the opposite side of a tennis net. I understand that these articles only have one part of the story out now, which is why I'm desperately curious as to what the opinion by others is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.