It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

2.8.04

Now, I still think it's possible he eats children...

But Michael Moore is wisely responding to criticism that the allegations in his movie are not true by providing documentation for many of them. Some of his allegations are proven true in the 9/11 Commission Report. For others he cites to newspapers and television reports at the time.

Section One covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 from the 2000 election to George W. Bush's extended visit to Booker Elementary on the morning of September 11th. [Hysterical. Tick tock...]

Section Two covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 from Bush's failure to meet with Richard Clarke, to the August 6th memo, and ends with the Saudi flights out of the US after 9/11.

Section Three covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 from Osama's relations with his family through Bush's military records and ends with Bush's business history, including Arbusto, Harken and the Carlyle Group. [This part of the movie I admit that I felt was somewhat weak b/c there is little evidence that Osama's relatives have anything to do with him. I felt like he was trying to manipulate me, the same was I feel that Bush often tries to manipulate me with words like "terrorism" and "homeland security."]

Section Four covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 covers the Carlyle Group and Saudi money in the United States and its connection to the Bush family, their friends and associates.

Section Five covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 from Saudi Arabia's involvement in 9/11 through the natural gas pipeline in Afghanistan. [What I also felt was stretched a bit.]

Section Six covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 from the Patriot Act through the war in Iraq. [And this part on civil liberties, my personal pet peeve, is just scary.]

Of course, I still think that the movie is kinda like gum; in making it stick, he stretches it out incredibly far and pokes some holes in it. I think it's more effective just to stick the whole goo on the wall. You don't cover as much, but what you cover, ain't no holes in. But


And I know I posted this a while back, but because it's so on topic (and so funny), David Letterman’s Top Ten List from June 29, 2004: “Top Ten George W. Bush Complaints About 'Fahrenheit 9/11'":
10. That actor who played the President was totally unconvincing.
9. It oversimplified the way I stole the election.
8. Too many of them fancy college-boy words.
7. If Michael Moore had waited a few months, he could have included the part where I get him deported.
6. Didn't have one of them hilarious monkeys who smoke cigarettes and gives people the finger.
5. Of all Michael Moore's accusations, only 97% are true.
4. Not sure - - I passed out after a piece of popcorn lodged in my windpipe. [Did you ever think that the pretzel should have taken one for the team?]
3. Where the hell was Spider-man?
2. Couldn't hear most of the movie over Cheney's foul mouth.
1. I thought this was supposed to be about dodgeball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.