It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

11.10.04

Final REM Reminder and other thoughts

Don't forget! The Move On/ACT Vote for Change grand finale concert is today (Monday, October 11). It involves all the artists. So REM! (Oh, and other bands like Pearl Jam, Death Cab for Cutie, Dave Matthews Band, Bruce Springsteen, John Fogerty, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, the Dixie Chicks,and Bright Eyes, etc etc etc.) The finale is in DC, and if anyone is in DC and is going...first, I hate you. Second, I want a full report! For those of us who aren't, it's being broadcast on the Sundance Channel, starting at 6:30. If you don't have Sundance, you can see it at www.vfcfinale.com with media player.

In other news, in an effort not to disappoint my father anymore for being a bad adult, I went full out "kitchen." I received Corning Ware from my aunt and uncle as a housewarming gift, so I have FIVE circle or oval things to cook food in. THEN I went to the grocery store and bought some seasoning. I got Italian seasoning, oregono, chili powder, soy sauce, flour, cinnamon, garlic poweder, onion powder, Pam cooking spray, vinager (white and cider, who knew it came in multiple flavors?) Brown sugar, and chicken bouillan cubes. If anyone can tell me what one DOES with this stuff (other than the chili powder. Not to brag, but I make great chili) please let me know immediately. ALSO, if there are things that I am missing that "normal" kitchens have, I would appreciate the advice. Yes, I know I still need the dishes, but this was a major baby step, no? For now, my $1 KMart dishes will work.

(Unfortunately, I needed sugar to cook the stir fry last night, and THAT I didn't have. While flour looks similar in the package, it didn't look similar enough when I opened it to put it in where I needed sugar. So I'm still a failure I guess.)

Oh, and a puzzing question. While Bush is on vacation (like yesterday) or campaigning, who is in charge of the country?? Should Bush win in '04, and SOMEHOW the world not end (though I still posit that Bush's reelection will be the beginning of the end of the world), obviously the rumors about Hillary, and Edwards hasn't hurt his name any (though not being involved in politics if he loses, however, may be, as his Senate term is over). But when I lived in PA, there was a lot said about Rendell...watch him.

I also learned that 32% of the country carries under $20 in cash on a regular basis. Yes, I am part of that 32% (they also said that 43% carries between $21-$53.

Finally, the Yankees made the ALCS. As I hate the Yankees more than life itself, I must root for Boston. Now, I realize that Boston hasn't won since forever, but really, they are so irritating about it. If they win, their entire identity collapses. That can be extremely traumatic. Really. Also, they bemoan the Yankees for their payroll...but really, they aren't innocent in the payroll problems that have plagued baseball in the last 10 years. Still, they are not the the Yankees. And as Katie said, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I'm thinking of getting the new REM album....

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stephanie, I have a question. What do you need sugar for in stir fry? I have never used it in stir fry before. I am glad your kitchen is building up to be normal. One day you might even have curry, cardamom, and cloves! They are great in pilau!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    The stir fry sauce required soy sauce, sugar, water and the mix. But I didn't have the sugar! So I just used the water, mix and soy sauce. I have no idea why; it just said that I needed it on the packet. What is this curry, cardamom, and cloves of which you speak? And what the heck is pilau? Since you are making names up, I deduce that you are Mel. Am I right??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.