It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

29.12.04

REM

R.E.M. is now part of the iTunes Originals series! 30 total REM-happy making numbers. It includes 6 live recordings music AND interviews AND some album tracks. Including Boy In The Well, my favorite song from their latest album. But NOT including It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine). That makes me sad. :( Still, I know what everyone wants to spend $10 on...

And in other REM news, I got my calendar and my CD. It came a little late this year. I usually get it around the 15th or so. This year it was the 23rd. I was a bit anxious, thinking something happened with my new address. But I was not forgotten. The CD has I Wanted To Be Wrong, and She Just Wants To Be. (One of my favorites.) Granted, it's not as wonderful as last year, when the CD had It's The End Of The World on it. But the cover is most excellent. It doesn't look exactly like one, but it reminds me of a grecian key. Yes, I accept the fact that I am more or less likely obsessed.

Finally, the Judge that I worked for when I was clerking called me today to ask my advice on an opinion that he's writing. It's in my specialized area, and after I gave him my basic impressions on the case, he told me that was what he thought, he just didn't like the result. I have to agree, sometimes the law sucks. Not in the Ally McBeal way ("Let me tell you something. I didn't become a lawyer because I like the law; the law sucks. It's boring, but it can also be used as a weapon. You want to bankrupt somebody? Cost him everything he's worked for? Make his wife leave him, even make his kids cry? Yeah, we can do that.") but just in a "that's not right" kind of way.


Distrubing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.