It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

21.12.04

I am forced to conclude that "Anonymous" is a coward

Remember this post about "Christians" taking back America? Anyway, today "anonymous" had a comment for me (took me a while to figure out what s/he was commenting upon):
this woman is out there....

however, judging by your other posts the speechlessness you all seem to be experiencing is from a lack of original ideas and critical thinking skills.... not from any reaction to her perceived lunacy...

have a nice day.

First, I must confess if I make comments on someone else's blog, I leave my name, blog address, and email address.

Second, trust me, I'm perfectly aware that crackpots like "this woman" are out there.
And lack of critical thinking skills. Sweet. I have to say, I spend much of my younger days TRYING to have a lack of critical thinking skills. I found it quite difficult to do so. So I finally feel as if I'm acclimated. Awesome.

Come on, COMMON SENSE suggests that no one could take her comments seriously unless they were suffering from a mental defect. (Take that comment as you will...) My friends all have sufficient common sense. I was merely bringing the comment to the attention of my friends -- I didn't feel the need to actually defeat the argument. It defeats itself. Kinda like the Cleveland Browns on a Sunday...

Though I will explain for the masses who may not possess the requisite intellect to figure it out themselves, when I'm "speechless," that generally means that I've deemed my opposing argument too idiotic to even bother replying to. In fact, I've actually written "not even worthy of a reply" in briefs I've filed with the court. Yes, I am an intellectual snob. I always have been.

And thanks! I did have a nice day. I went Christmas shopping and bought myself some new clothes and whatnot. And now I'm watching The Amazing Race and Jonathan implode again. Which is the best reality tv show ever. I'm drinking mudslide. I'm in my flannel pants and an oversized sweatshirt, all comfy like. I've got candles burning. My cats are purring by me. Yes, it's a very good day. Again, thanks. I appreciate it.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Curtis said…

    Anonymous is good for a chuckle. Conservatives are funny.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger melyssa said…

    does anon. have a life?

    curtis - i honestly don't think it has anything to do with him/her/it being conservative, but rather everything to do with him being stupid. so stupid, in fact, that he can't even set up his own blog. so, he craps on estephania's.

    and estephania - why did you get chosen to be the lucky victim?

    fellow bloggers - say it with me - people are stupid!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Jennie figured comments out!! I have no idea how I was so lucky. I guess I have my own fan club. ;-)

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Maxwell said…

    These anonymice want to take a deliberate silence as an inability to express a position. I have a similar problem. I post those running American casualty figures on my blog, and invariably, "anonymous" comes, always projecting whatever he perceives as the "bad" motivation onto me.

    Anonymous is pro-war? I get slammed for being antiwar.

    Anonymous is antiwar? I get slammed for not worrying about the numbers of Iraqis killed.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Matthew,
    I happen to like your running count. Bah to them!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    When George W. Bush was named Time's Person of the Year, he said that when lots of people were angry with him, it meant he was doing something right. Maybe this is a good sign.

    I just blogged a letter I sent to Time agreeing with their selection of GW as Person of the Year - albeit for different reasons than theirs.

    You can read Time's article here.

    You can read my response here, if you like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.