It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

15.12.04

Radio Stations

I have been driving since I was 16. (I failed the exam one. Automatic failure for a left hand turn. I actually passed the parallel parking portion of the exam. Worthless in Ohio, because there is surface parking everywhere - we are not a street parking place. At least Cleveland isn't.)

Anyway, you set your radio stations and then pretty much never set them again, right? Well, here's my problem. When I was 16, the radio station that I listened to then, as #1, is some random stuff now. Yet it's still number one. The station that was set as #4 was some soft music back when I was 16, but is now a bunch of 80s rock music. Score. BUT it's still set as station #4, because that’s what it was set when Bush was president. (Wait a minute, maybe I’m still 16....)

Anyway, this weekend, I told myself, “that’s silly.” After an extended conversation with myself, I decided to give in, just to shut me up, and changed the radio stations to reflect the me of 12 years later.
(What is the quote? Ahh, yes:

Talking to yourself is not crazy.
Talking to yourself in public is not crazy.
Answering yourself is not crazy.
Arguing with yourself is not crazy.
Losing an argument with yourself is not crazy.
Crazy is when you get angry at yourself and decide that you are no longer on speaking terms.
)

Anyway, now I can’t find my radio stations for the life of me. I keep on hitting #4 and getting NOT what I want. Then I’ll hit #3 and it’s not there either. I so do not handle change well.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    Basically, what you're experiencing on your own car is just like what you'd feel in a rental car. (I often wonder who the heck took the time to program the lame-ass stations I find in the rental cars I end up with....) But I'm sure you'll get used to it.

    I hate parallel parking. Thankfully I don't have a car so it's not usually a big deal for me.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger melyssa said…

    put the radio stations in numerical order, that's what i do. i may be a little anal.

    94.5, 94.9, 97.9, 104.5, 105.7, 106.1

    those are my stations!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger p.p. said…

    melyssa, I do the same.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    Oh gosh, no. But by this point, it's a habit. My car is 18 months old (and 30,000 miles!) My car before that was 3 years old. And then the ones before that were all used. I ahve driven...maybe 4 cars before that?? All used. Not sure, I'm not really a car girl and have no particular attachment to them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.