It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

12.12.04

So I was visiting Jennifer and Erin the other day. Saturday morning, Jen walked into the family room, where Erin and I were talking about creationism versus evolution and the concept of time. First, the literal translation of the "day" as used in the Bible was a "period of time," (undefined as to a literal day of 24 hours) (which I actually didn't know and learned thanks to Erin). Second, how is a "day" defined anyway when the sun (which defines our concept of a day) wasn't created until the Fourth Day.

Anyway, Jen walks in and makes a comment that normal people don't have these conversations on a Saturday morning. Hmm...is that true?? I can't imagine. Everyone that I know regular has such conversations on a regular basis, and I live in Cleveland, for crying out loud. We are a blue collar town. So if everyone that I know has such conversations on a regular basis, it seems to me that everyone in the world does. Jen assures me that I am wrong.

So the Browns had a total of 17 offensive yards. No, that is not a typo. 17 yards. Total. For an entire game. (Oh, and 15 of those yards came in the final 2 minutes of the game.) Wow. Just when you think that a team who gave up 100 points in two games can't get any worse, they find a new way to lose. Just wow. I mean, I knew that we were bad, and unlikely to win another game this season, but 17 total yards bad? Just wow.

I also got to see the
Trans-Siberian Orchestra Saturday night. They are simply fantastic, and for anyone in the cities where they will still be before the end of the year, I highly recommend them. They are flat out fantastic. And my similistic nature is completely captivated by lasers and lights. "ooh, colors..."

This week is going to be hard. I have to work tomorrow because I have a brief due and a client interview. Friday I have to work because it's our office party and the partner and I are taking our secretary to lunch before that. Which means that I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Have I mentioned that I just have no motivation to work right now? Because I don't. None. I have taken the last two weeks of the year off just because I can. I know that I get my bonus sometime this week too. And a memo I (STILL) need to finish that I have had burning WAY WAY WAY too long.

Does anyone else living in suburbia think that their street is SO BORING when compared to desperate housewives? Suicide, arson, hit and runs, murder, arrests...and that's just been the last few months. I remember the biggest excitement in my neighborhood growing up was...well, nothing. It was all quite boring. Content, familiar, but nothing like that. No police, ambulances, fire trucks.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Curtis said…

    I'm unskilled with having conversations about anything besides things like evolution, politics, the death penalty, the injustice of the legal system, stupid ass prosecutors who piss me off, bands I like, tv shows I like, girls I think are hot, guys I think are stupid yet girls love, the economy, human rights, immigration, writing, and some sports stuff.

    I don't think most of my conversations are anywhere close to being normal. All this means is that I'm friends with myself.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    Tough break with the Browns- I must agree, 17 yards from scrimmage is something of an epic sporting disaster. If it makes you feel any better, the Vikings lost yesterday on their way to another season of teasing the fans of Minnesota with a possible Super Bowl/NFC Championship before diving straight into the tank. It is as predictable (and depressing) as Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown's foot just before contact. If only Johan Santana played free safety...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.