It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

2.7.04

Mothman

I was thinking about Mothman today as my secretary was copying pages for by brief. The actual thing, not the Richard Gere movie. Did you know that Mothman was named after a Batman villian? Anyway, back in the 1960, over 200 people say this creature in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. It was grey in color, had wings up to ten feel, red eyes, and headless torso. Thus, “Mothman.” At the same time that all these people were seeing it, UFO activity and animal mutilations increased. (I’ve already discussed animal mutilations this week.)

Then the Silver Bridge collapsed into the Ohio River. 67 people fell into the water, and 46 people died. (I think another 38 were unaccounted for.) Some people said that they saw two men on the bridge before. Some people said that the bridge was ready to collapse. What everyone admits is that the Mothman sightings ended after the bridge collaped.

So is there a Mothman? (Or a Big Foot, or a Nessie, or all the other things I’ll think about later). I mean, just cause no one has seen it or anything doesn’t really mean that much. The gorilla and giant panda were legends as recent as the 19th century. The Komodo Dragon was thought fiction until 1912. Obviously, we ain’t as bright as we thought we was. This ties into the reason that I don’t believe in gravity. But that’s a conversation for another day. I want to contemplate Mothman right now. Does Mothman exist? Just cause we don't see him, what does that prove?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.