It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

8.2.05

Internet down at work. Cannot.function. Actually, other than my need to mess around at work and keep up on my news, I actually had to use Lexis today. And I couldn't. How am I supposed to draft a reply brief then?

So I get over a box of papers (two sided papers) today to produce for discovery around 12:30. Since two inches of them are already Bates Stamped are 640 pages, I'd guess that there are maybe four thousand pages? Many two sided. Just to give you an idea of my day. Or, rather, my afternoon. At about 5 I want to the parter's office to ask him a question about this - I've finally put the documents in order with the document requests, but had a question about further separating them. He starts asking me questions about their specific content. Now, I've organized them, I haven't read them over. And he says to me, "I really need you to learn these documents so the client doesn't pay twince." Ok, great, but I need more than 4 1/2 hours to organize them and go over each document. I only have so much time in my day. Grr....

So I think I'm going to have to work late tomorrow. Oh, no! This is awful. The finale of The Amazing Race is on. Perhaps I shall go into work early (yeah, like that's likely).

I went tanning over the weekend b/c I could. It was fantastic. I love warmth. I'm thinking of moving to Arizona, Florida, Texas, or California. Anywhere sunny and warm. I hate the winter. Bleh. I hate being cold. Bleh.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    It seems like pretty much everyone does of some form of cancer. I'd rather choose my poison I guess.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Over my life I have moved from colder to warmer areas. I was born in Chicago, and now live in Southern California. But I'm not one to sit around and tan (other than the tan I acquire on my left forearm as I sit on the Southern California freeways).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.