It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

13.2.05

So...the deposition is on. I've been working all weekend and didn't finish ANYTHING. What this means - my life sucks. I have to get up at 4 am tomorrow. (I am SO not Suzy Morning Sunshine girl either). I am not done with my dep. outline. I don't have all the documents memorized. I am lost. Lost I tell ya. Lost. And not the fun tv show. But Lost...

So I'll likely not be updating the next 3 days. While my laptop is going with me (no choice; I didn't finish my work!!) (Speaking of, is is weird to take my printer with me?? It's easier for me to work if I have it...) I don't anticipate having internet access. And even if I do, I don't anticipate it being a good IDEA to go online when I have 1001 things to get done.

Which means a few things: (1) I am so going to get fired after this week; (2) I'll be stuck in a hotel (a hotel in KENTUCKY!) without a car (the partner is driving), which is pretty much like being grounded in high school imo, and on Tuesday I'm not even going to the dep., I'm staying in the hotel to prep., so it really sucks; (3) Send happy thoughts my way. Especially on Tuesday, when I'll likely be hyperventilating/panicking and contemplating slitting my wrists with a plastic butter knife rather than take a deposition by myself. (OK,when I'm not super excited, I'm petrified that I'm going to mess up and lose the entire case singlehandedly. I have that ability you know. Superman could fly. My superhero ability is singlehandedly losing cases. The only reason I haven't shown my abilities yet is because I haven't had the chance.) (4) Jen, Alli, Susan...feel free to call me and save me from myself. Because you know that with my melodramatic flair, I'll be freaking out.

Would you let me handle a case?

I thought not. (Good call, by the way.)

See you all soon. Oh, no one do anything super exciting until I get back!! I hate missing things.

Oh, and thanks everyone who gave me song ideas. So far I've downloaded 34 songs. I'm still downloading. But I have new music to listen to in Cinci at least.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger p.p. said…

    Good Luck!

    You'll do great.

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [adult swim]

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Everyone has to do something for the first time. You'll do well! Try to get out of the hotel room, for the sake of your mental health.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Scarlett said…

    If I can do my first real client massage, you can do this. Just breathe and say "I can do this, because I am a competant person."

    Keep your breathes deep, your thoughts slow and real thoughout. I will be sending you courage.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck. And even if you do screw up, there's always ways to fix it before the discovery deadline is cut off.

    BTW, the "[adult swim]" comment above is genius.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    (Even though you likely won't be seeing this till after the fact)

    Sending you the best thoughts I can on Tuesday. You'll do fine. (and as added measure I even wrote it on the back of my hand so I won't forget...)

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Good luck, Stephanie.

    It's understandable that you'd worry, but I really think you'll do fine.

    Chin up, old girl! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.