It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

8.2.05

I miss the old fashion days where there were Skittles in the vending machine at work.

So get this. IF a TRO is not filed in another case tomorrow, and IF Plaintiff's counsel gets discovery to us (it was due yesterday, but I gave him a 2-dayextension b/c he gave me a 2-day extension) then I am going to Cincinnati next Monday through Wednesday for depositions in one of my cases. Other than being in Cincinnati, which in general sucks because it's Cincinnati, we are doing dep. prep on Monday with our witnesses who are being deposed on Tuesday. Then Tuesday I...am preparing to take the Plaintiff's deposition on Wednesday. By myself. I must repeat that because I'm not sensing the appropriate awe from everyone.

By.
Myself.


I don't think that anyone I "know" is in Cincinnati, are they? I could comp dinner, but I think that no one in their right mind lives in Cincinnati. Then again, I might be somewhat nervous and eating might be bad.

In case I forgot to mention, this is my first deposition
by
myself.

(I feel like the Blue Fairy talking to Pinocchio, but instead of one day being a real live boy, one day I'll be a real live attorney...)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    Congrats and good luck on the solo depo!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Thanks!

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger p.p. said…

    Good Luck, Stephanie.

    I'd shit my pants. I know nothing about Civ Pro.

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Just get this first one under your belt and the rest will be fine. Good luck.

    I'm a product manager, and we usually don't have to do our jobs in such a pressure-cooker atmosphere.

    P.S. Enjoy Cincinnati!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Scarlett said…

    I can empathize, my first "real" client in the clinic, I was like "OH MY GOD!".

    Just remember to breathe, I bet you are a natural.

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger melyssa said…

    good luck, although you won't need it. you're brilliant. and you know, i know a genius when i see one. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.