It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

7.7.05

So the office manager asked me if I wanted to go to lunch today to scope out a place for our holiday party. (I went with her last year to do the same thing.) I was disappointed because the location was supposed to be the Cleveland Browns locker room, which she said fell through. How disappointing! B/c how cool would that have been?

Anyway, we get there and they immediately take us to the garden out back. And they say, "at the big table." Where there are people sitting already. Then I realize that it is people from my firm. Which doesn't mean anything to me - several of us are checking out the place for the Christmas party. And when I have no reaction, they say "Happy Birthday." I'm still confused. Yes, this is a normal reaction for me. Seriously, I have never had a surprise birthday anything before. That was seriously awesome. One of the nicest things that anyone has ever done.

12 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!! I got you something but the ummm dog ate it?

    hah! okay maybe not. But happy birthday anyway :)

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Happy Birthday, Stephanie!

    That was very sweet of your firm to surprise you like that. :-)

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Liezel said…

    Happy Birthday!
    (I've never had a surprise birthday get together myself) Enjoy the day! :)

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I'm the same way. I would have been, "Are we still going to scout locations?"

    Happy birthday :)

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whooohoo!! Happy Birthday!!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    Happy Birthday!

    (sounds like a great surprise)

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    How about I celebrate your birthday at the wedding on Saturday?

    ;)

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Oh, I should have been more clear. It's not my birthday. (Adding to my confusion.) My birthday isn't until Saturday. But since that's the weekend, and I'm taking a half day tomorrow b/c I have an out of town wedding, they surprised me today.

    But THANKS everyone! I really appreciate it!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Saturday Birthday! Have fun at the wedding and celebrate your life.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger p.p. said…

    Happy Birthday!! Have an enjoyable and relaxing day.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    It's still Saturday, so Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Thanks everyone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.