It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

13.9.04

So, REM tickets go on sale on Friday at the Akron E.J. Thomas Hall. Which holds LESS than 3000 people. See the panic people?!? I MIGHT NOT GET TICKETS BECAUSE OF THAT WHOLE INTERVIEW SITUATION. (And I am not sure why the tickets didn't go on sale LAST Friday like they were supposed to, at least according to the fan club emailed information. And I can't even FIND that tickets WILL be on sale according to TicketMaster or EJ Thomas Hall. It was a Friday/weekend of panic because I can't even CALL EJ Thomas Hall.)

But anyway, the radio station that I listen to, 106.5, is giving tickets away. (I would think others may be as well, but I don't listen to other stations.) Anyway, the morning show guys that I listen to (and you can too, online!), Brian and Joe, were giving tickets to the person who could answer the Final Jeopardy Question that Ken Jennings allegedly misses in Game #75. (I love how people hear the question and say, "that's so easy, he's not that smart." Umm...hello people, 74 wins. I can't even get 74 questions right in a weeks worth of watching the show. Maybe in a month. If I'm lucky.)

So I think that everyone should email Brian (the website says brianfowler@clearchannel.com but I think he always SAYS on the radio brian@wmvx.com) and Joe (joe@wmvx.com) and just point out to them that (1) I have been listening to them since I was in JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (with the exception of when I was away at school); (2) And I still listen to them daily; (3) I love REM more than anyone else in Cleveland and even pay hommage to them here; (4) I share their Jeopardy obsession; (5) I sang It's The End Of The World As We Know It at Howl At The Moon (which I frequented for the first time beacuse they told me to). Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that they should FIX a contest so that I can win so that I can sleep this week and not be panicked at not getting tickets. (For the record, the woman who won today was SO not excited. She was a waste of a winner. Those people who JUST want to win radio contests, and don't care what are really irritating when you NEED REM tickets...

SO HELP ME PEOPLE. Help me annoy Brian and Joe so that they rig the REM contest so that I can be assured of going. PLEASE...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Nor more than I am. I plan to try to get the Fan Club tickets for Pittsburgh Wednesday if possible, and keep dropping hints (to no avail so far, ballocks) about the concert in Toronto to a friend of mine. If I got my way, I'd go to all three, plus the Move for Change one that I already have tickets to in 19 days. But that's with Bruce Springsteen, who I think *they* believe is the headliner. Is that possible??

    I can call on Friday - the issue is, will I be one of the first 1000 people to get through? Because that's when tickets will run out. If not sooner.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I'm sending emails as I type this...I'll bug the heck out of them on your behalf if you think it will help. I only wish I could SEE THEM TOO!! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.