It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

10.9.04

9:17 and all is well

As of 9:17, opposing counsel filed their brief in opposition. Again, it is a bunch of pathetic lying drivel, covered up in the form of an affidavit. Whatever. That part that burns me is, the lies are probably enough to avoid summary judgment. You know what? I don't care. This is a case I'm gonna LOVE to take to trial. Because trust me - I ain't gonna lose this case before a jury. The best part is, I think that the plaintiff's attorney knows this. He knows he may get beyond summary judgment though statements he can't PROVE, but be will lose at trial. It's obvious. He keeps complainting to the court in every status report and CMC and settlement conferences that "Plaintiffs have made several settlement demands, and defendants have unreasonably rejected every one, and yet refuse to make a counter." The court has chastized us, but our position is, this case is frivolous, to the point of being sanctionable, and we refuse to give the plaintiffs' money for that.

I'm watching the Dateline on Aron Ralston (they hiker who cut his hand off). I'm just about to cry here. I'm such a dork. You KNOW he lives! Idiot!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger melyssa said…

    there's nothing wrong with being emotional. you're supposed to be ... you're a girl! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.