It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

16.9.04

Sur Reply and REM - the best and worst things in life. Or rather, the worst and the best things in life.

I had to file a reply brief yesterday in support of a motion for summary judgment that I wrote. I filed it around 7 or 8 pm. Anyway, when I got in today, Plaintiffs had already filed a Sur Reply. Basically, Plaintiffs complained that I engaged in "personal attacks" in my reply brief. It irritated me b/c all I did was point out the fact that their affidavit that they filed in their brief in opposition directly contradicted their sworn deposition testimony and it bordered in perjury. Their entire Sur Reply brief said that that our brief discussing their contradictions was unfair and a subject of cross examination at trial. Picture Bill Clinton's, "well, whether or not I lied depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is" ... and you have Plaintiffs' Sur Reply Brief. I'm not joking. He really thinks that we will settle. I hope the client doesn't give in - I know that the partner is DYING to try this case, and I would love to do THIS one, because there is NO way the jury is going to go their way. So, in the immortal words of Bush, "bring it on."

So tickets go on sale for the REM concert tomorrow at 10:00 am. The problem - I have to do an interview tomorrow beginning at 10. And lest you begint to tell me how dumb I am for scheduling an interview at the time when REM tickets are going on sale, it was initially announced that REM tickets were going on sale LAST Friday (when I scheduled the interview for 11:30 and for 3:30. So I had it covered last week. I think I'm going to have to try to order the tickets during the interview. But there are less than 3000 seats, like I said. Oh, if I don't get tickets, it will be a day of mourning. And temper tantrums. And depressions. And just general awfulness. So think of me around 10:00 am EST. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Sounds like a definite balancing act. Too bad you're not interviewing Michael Stipe at 10:AM :) .

    P.S. Thanks for your thoughts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.