It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

25.5.05

My friends had a Lost finale party. I missed it cause of soccer. Don't get me wrong, I'd take soccer any day of the week over Lost (especially since Lost went sans hot brother) but still, it's killing me right now. I'd turn the tv on now if I didn't have to be at work at 7:15 (yes, so about to go to bed.)

Then my friend send me an email about The Half Blood Prince and it was all about who the bets that the half blood prince is and everything. Evidently, those betting places that always shut down because the winner of Survivor and other reality tv shows leaks had to shut down for similar reasons. So for the next 5 weeks, I KNOW that if I read this email, I'll know who the half blood prince is, but I just can't do it...

Conversation today at the bar:
Me: No, really, I'm nice to people I know
P: She obviously hates us.
I've recently realized that my humor is really offensive to all sorts of people. It doesn't really bother me. You just need a thick skin around me, cause I'll mock you. I don't see much of an issue; I mock myself plenty as well. But some people take offense to being made fun of. I guess they never went to high school? (At some point, I started making fun of public education kids. One girl took offense at it. I'm totally the product of public education.)

And actually, at the bar, there was an entire meeting about WalMart there. They don't want WalMart moving in the area. These people were giving speeches, they had sharpies (only the best pen ever), they had huge pads of paper. Not sure what they were strategizing, but still.

Oh, and listening to my teammmate talk about his need for a license to carry a gun right after his story about how he got a speeding ticket and has to go to court on Tuesday...

I'm off to bed. For those who missed, today in extra innings, the Indians defeated the Twins. (After blowing the game in extra innings yesterday.) I think that these two teams (and likely Detroit too) are pretty evenly matched. Of course, all three are so overmatched against the White Sox, it's literally painful. I just caught the end, so I'm not sure if Jody got a hit tonight to keep his hitting streak going. Anyone know?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Dern said…

    The anti-WalMart scheming definitely sounds like a Portland venture.....

    Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    Jody Gerut was hitless in last night's contest. How did Jody get to be your favorite Indian?

    I don't know - I feel like the White Sox are playing as well as they possibly can right now. If they keep this up for a few months, though, they could play .500 ball for the rest of the year and have a good chance of winning the division. Distressing. Very distressing.

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    And again, what is happening with our bet when the White Sox win the division??

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    If I don't acknowledge that as a possibility, that means it won't happen. ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.