It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

10.7.05

So now I am 29. I don't feel any differently than I did at 28. This is the last July 10th of my 20s though.

Wedding this weekend. Maid of honor duties. I almost fell walking down the aisle once, and I almost fell over once when walking up the step and my shoe got caught on my dress. Luckily, I didn't actually fall either time. I think my friend would have killed me.

Though I got home today and realized that I am a shoe thief and that I took someone else's shoes and don't have my shoes. They were new shoes too. The sad thing - I wasn't even drunk. I was just distracted and packing fast (I didn't put them back on my feet, I just picked them up.) Now I have a random pair of shoes and don't have my shoes.

I have to find an answer to a question by 8 am tomorrow. Ugh. I hate working on nice, sunny days...It's 85 outside. There is NO excuse for not being happy outside...

Ummm...now Katie Holmes has lost her mind too. I know, I've never been a Tom Cruise fan, but still, it's like the cult of Cruise...

You have GOT to be kidding me.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - London was the scene of carnage on Thursday after a
series of deadly blasts but American R&B crooner Omarion, who suffered no
injury or inconvenience, wants people to pray for him.

"Omarion was in London during the tragic bombings that struck this
morning," a statement by the singer's publicist AR PR Marketing, released hours
after the bombings, said.

Making no mention of the fatalities or casualties of the blasts, the singer's statement concluded, "He would like his fans to pray that he has a safe trip and a safe return home. He appreciates your support."

Asked why anyone should pray for him, Gilmore said, "He wasn't hurt or anything, but just the fact that he was there and all that."

That is appalling. Every time I thin that celebrities can't get any more vain and self-centered, they do something that makes me realize that yes, they actually can.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I turned 29 I began my year of freaking out because 30 was just around the corner. And 2 months before I turned 30 my freaking out was at its peak.

    I liked my 20s, a lot and I don't think I was freaking because I was going to be 30, but more that a decade I really liked was coming to an end.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    Happy birthday!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    You must read the W article about Katie. Scariest. Thing. Ever.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just read the article. Katie Holmes is batshit crazy.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Ok, I concur. That was awful!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger p.p. said…

    That bitch has gone CRAZY.

    I think she's memorized a script..

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Accidentally found your site, but happy b-day anyway from a stranger. 29 is not that different than when you turn 30, except you become a little more aware that someone who just turned 18 was born in 1987!

    And I thought women are supposed to be obsessed with their shoes? How can you not tell one from another when you took the wrong ones?

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Katie has been brain-washed! What is this world coming to? War of the Worlds, I suppose.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Peter, I totally agree.

    Thanks Neil. No, I really don't care that much about shoes. I have lots b/c I like variety, but in terms of paying attention to them or typical girl stuff, not so much.

    Keith, she has TOTALLY been brain washed. I don't even get it. She seems like such a smart girl...then she started drinking the kool aid.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger derek said…

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    Thursday was my last birthday of my 20's as well. The odds of finding a fellow Cancer turning 29's blog in the PD...amazing. And I rarely read the PD (I usually stick to the Beacon Journal because I live in Akron).

    That Omarion thing made me want to throw something at him. If he was in it, I could somewhat understand but he was no where near the bombing. We can't jump on all celebrities for the ignorant comments of a few knuckleheads. Empathy and prayers should be withheld for those who have lost at this time. Just another example of the lack of humility in American society...you don't see Hugh Grant or any of the Spice Girls saying "I'm alright...but pray for me anyway".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.