It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

12.7.05

So...The Cleveland Plain Dealer "outed" me. Somewhat. Evidentally, they picked up the jarts story (great, go for the one where I'm discussing illegal things that I did over my holiday weekend...) and published it. Sans name, plus website. Which I learned when a co-worker brought it to my attention. The trouble I manager to find...

Then I made a mistake at work. So I got called in to explain who I made the mistake in the first place. Umm...how many ways can I say, "There is no excuse for it?" NOT fun.

And go read Matt's post on Putting Freedom & Liberty To the Test. "It's terribly dismaying to see how our morals and righteousness fall apart during times of war." Seriously, go check it out. Now...What are you still doing reading this drivel? How do you spell drivel anyway?

A few thoughs. First, the All Star game in Detroit. (aka where the American League spanks the National League - when did the NL last win??) I personally think that someone in Detroit sold their soul to the devil. They get the Superbowl in less than a year too. Seriously. Sold their soul to the devil. Those two within a year? (And that's not even talking about the NBA finals this season.) So the three major sports, and they get the major events for each. I'm telling you, sold their soul...Then, the most home runs that Bobby Abreu has ever hit was 31 in a SEASON. Then he had 41 in the Home Run Derby. 41. Shit, boy, what are you eating? And where do I get some?

And my soccer schedule for the summer session was changed 3 times in less than 24 hours. Cleveland Plays has problems, I guess. Actually, they forgot to include teams and kept changing it. Problem: the second schedule worked best for me. I'm playing on two teams (b/c playing on one team worked out so well for me...) and initially I was just missing ONE game, and that's where my two teams played one another. I could make all others. Well, they decided to add a second field, which means that 3 of my games are at the SAME TIME. So...I am missing 4 games for my second team. That makes me truly sad. All I wanted to do in run around and kick a soccer ball. You know?

Notice how I haven't mentioned Rove at all?

6 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    Duly Noted. ;)

    Me either, I shall wait until tomorrow after 10:00...

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The jarts story was good but the revolving door story remains my favorite. That was just an all-time classic.

    I would try to take the outing as a tribute to your writing and storytelling skills. Although I understand the impulse to freak out.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1986 (or maybe 1985) was the last time the NL won.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Thanks for the mention, Stephanie.

    And sorry to hear about the 'outing.'

    :-/

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On Mitch Albom, Dave Winfield said they use "juiced" balls for the home run derby. I think Cleveland had the Baseball All-Star game and the NBA all-Star game within a 12 month span and we were also in the world series too - but I know you were just an early 20's then...

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    You mentioned Rove:

    "...someone in Detroit sold their soul to the devil."

    Bwah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.