It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

11.1.06

Cooking Lesson 101

I tried making chicken wings last night. I had bought myself a fryer for Christmas, and figured, "hell, good of time as any. I'm home tonight, I'll do laundry, I'll make dinner, I'll watch a DVD."

Well, we learned (the hard way) why this is not a good idea.

First, you can really only cook 3 chicken wings at a time, so if you want 6 chicken wings, the first 3 are cold by the time the other 3 come out.

Second, and more importantly, my ENTIRE house smells AWFUL now. Like oil. But it's in the friggin' AIR. When you breath, you are breathing oil, I swear to god.

Mental note, if you get a craving for chiken wings, just GO OUT TO EAT. DO NOT attempt this on your own.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    It was last night and I was ok today, so I assume I don't get that particular gift.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I don't fry anything, partly b/c it's so bad for you but mostly b/c it makes everything stink of grease and animal flesh. The only partial cure I've found is incense, which knocks out smell rather than covers it up. L'Occitaine has some that are orange-based that work nicely in a kitchen.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger derek said…

    I have always been hit-or-miss with frying. The one thing about frying is to not leave it unattended...which I am notorious for doing when I am not cooking for someone.

    I like going out for wings but I have better sauce :-).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.