It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

14.11.04

Obnoxious drunk football fans

I went to the Browns/Steelers game today. Ugh. Disgusting game. And cold! Freezing! I'm the biggest baby in the world when it is cold outside. It was 50 and I was wearing long underwear under my jeans, two pairs of socks, several (maybe 4?) layers of various shirts, a coat, hat, gloves and scarf, and I had a blanket. Yes, I'm a baby. As for the game, it wasn't as close as the scored was, and the score wasn't close at all.

But I almost got into it with some drunk Browns fans. They were yelling and swearing at Pittsburgh fans - to be expected. Since they were sitting right behind me, it was mildly annoying in that it was constant in my ear, but understandable. However, in the third or fourth quarter, they did so to a young father and his 4-year-old son sitting next to me. Crudely. Involving whatever player was named on the 4-year-old shirt being gay and him going to give it to the four year old up the ass. Absolutely.not.cool. That hit my tolerance - and it's pretty high. I don't have delicate sensitivities.

I turned around told them to shut up; that it was one thing to comment to the adults, but another thing entirely to yell at a child, that took a real man. In response, they took off my hat. I grabbed it back and told them bad idea, not to touch my hat if they knew was what good for them. They asked me who the hell I was, I said, "No one you want to piss off."

Umm...so what exactly made me think that I can take on 4 drunk guys, approxomiately my age, who I really don't think would have any problems hitting a girl?? (And no, I wasn't drinking. Well, hot chocolate, but not alcohol.) Good question. I think it was cause I haven't done anything stupid recently, and I was due. They seemed a bit taken back that I clearly was challenging them and shut up...temporarily at least. (No one else had the entire game - not even the father of the child who they told. That got him on my shit list; I was torn who to attack, him for letting them say that to his child, or then for being jackasses in the first place).

A few minutes later they went after a father and his teenage daughter - she had more "balls" than he did b/c she was wearing a Steelers shirt and he was hiding his. As he was leaving, he complained and security came over. Nothing major happened though. ("Just don't swear anymore, ok?" Pathetic.)

Near the end of the game they were talking to the 4 year old:

Obnoxious prick: "Why are you a Steelers fan?"
Little kid: Name of some player.
Obnoxious prick: "Well, we hate you."
Little kid: "Do you hate [insert name of whatever player was on his jersey]."
Obnoxious prick: "Yes, we hate him."
Little kid: "Oh, do you hate my daddy?"
Obnoxious prick: "Yes, we hate him."
Little kid: "Oh." Long pause. Heartbreaking look on his face. Desolately. "Do you hate my mommy?"

And the Republicans want to raise the debt limit?? I thought that they were the party for fiscal conservativism?? Silly me!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Curtis said…

    I'm glad I wasn't there, because there would have been punches thrown at some point. I can get quite the stereotypical Irish temper when people push me far enough. It doesn't make any sense, but I have no fear. I'm certainly not buff enough to warrant that sort of brazen courage.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Michael Tedesco said…

    I am linking to this post, my guess is my local Yinzers will have something to say about those Browns fans. By the way, mighty tough of you standing up to drunken Browns fans on "get pounded again by the Steelers weekend."

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Hey now! Dicks aren't unique to one team or the other. And I have to say, the father who let them talk to his son that way - twice - had my intense disgust as well. He was a dick to, just more of the "wuss" variety. (I'm extremely judgmental when people don't live up to my standards of integrity, blah blah blah).

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Michael Tedesco said…

    Yea I hear ya. That dad was just a punk, none-the-less you did a good thing and therefore win the (never before bestowed by a Pittsburgher) coolest person in Cleveland award.

    (by the way, blogger is acting funny tonight so if this post shows up twice feel free to delete one)

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    You are my hero for standing up to drunken sports fans. Honestly, pricks like that are among the reason I don't so much enjoy going to live sporting events anymore....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.