It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

25.1.05

From Caren come these fantastic tests that are designed to show ones inherent bias. I've only take three so far, but I want to get home so that I can take the rest.

Things I've learned about me:

-- Your data suggest little or no automatic preference for African American relative to European American.

-- Your data suggest little or no gender association with Career or Family. (I wouldn't have guessed that, actually. I would have said that I have at least SOME traditional gender association. What do I know).

-- Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for GAY PEOPLE relative to STRAIGHT PEOPLE. (I'm not sure why this is capitalized either.)

-- Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for THIN PEOPLE relative to FAT PEOPLE. (for the record, I think this test is flawed b/c there is one person they called thin that I kept calling fat. In my opinion, this girl was thin. Probably not fat either, but my finger every time her picture came said otherwise...)

These tests are interesting, but I'm not sure how accurate they are. But interesting, nonetheless. As I said, I plan to take more when I get home.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    Hmmm. Interesting indeed.

    Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for GAY PEOPLE relative to STRAIGHT PEOPLE

    Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White relative to Black

    Your data suggest little or no automatic preference for THIN PEOPLE relative to FAT PEOPLE

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    Apparently I prefer black people to white people. Interesting, considering I am from a pretty white-bread area of Minnesota and only personally know like seven black people (though I suppose I really like the black people I do know).

    I was a little afraid that I would find out that I am a closet racist. Glad to see I'm probably not racist - at least toward black people. Who knew I was a white black supremacist...

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    I was kinda taken a back by the strong preference for whites situation...I am immresed every day ina mixed race society and had no clue...

    I wonder...now I wonder.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I've taken a few of these for pysch classes before. I remember being neutral on the age one, I associated men with science, women with careers, and I had a preference for African Americans. So like Kevin, I guess I'm a white black supremist.

    Oh, and according to the tests, I have a strong bias against Bush. Gee, who would have thought THAT?

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oops, I meant "supremacist".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.