It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

3.3.05

Remember me wondering what "no problem" meant? I learned that it meant actually she *didn't* understand what I wanted or how to do it, but she printed out my email and figured she'd ask me secretary what I wanted when my secretary got back.

I asked my secretary why the docket clerk just didn't ask me for clarification. "Because it wasn't a problem to figure out that something needed to be done, but she didn't want to bother an attorney."

Sigh.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Gosh, Stephanie, the world of attorneys is quite alien to me. The hierarchy sounds a bit stuffy. :-/

    Still... the docket clerk shouldn't have pretended to you that everything was fine, if she actually needed clarification.

    Perhaps you could be the new breed of lawyer that breaks down those old club walls of stodginess?

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Yeah. I was a bit put off by it. Putting something in email that she can contact me with questions makes it seem so FORMAL. Grr...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.