It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

10.4.05

I am SO sunburnt right now. I love saying that. It's Cleveland, it's April, and I'm sunburnt. For real sunburnt, from the sun, not a tanning bed thing. (Oh, come on. When I said that it was going to be nice out, did you *really* think I was going into the office today??) I *did* read 382 pages of caselaw outside though (Didn't find my answer. Due Tuesday by noon. Ugh!!) I got up at 9, was outside set up by 9:30. By 10 or 10:30, I felt myself getting sunburnt. Now, anyone with the common sense of, say, a housefly, would realize, "maybe I should get out of the sun." Or even, "maybe I should put on some SPF lotion" (which I don't own anyway.) But not me. No, I stayed out until 5 pm. So I'm red.

I'm intrigued by this, I really am. I got sunburnt in Greece and it killed. I got sunburnt last year briefly and it faded into a suntan and it was all ok. I got a tad bit pink on Wednesday but it was gone by Thursday am. But I can tell that this is gonna be bad. I can feel the head radiating off my body. Yes, I have having hot flashes. 28, and I'm suffering from hot flashes... But it's weird. I out my hand to my skin, and it gets warm. No kidding. So tonight I bought myself some green goo for the sunburn now, and some SPF lotion for the next time. No. I never learn. It's less the "tan" part, and more that I literally love the feel of warm sun on me. It warms me from the inside out. I guess that I just wasn't expecting to be sunburnt in April. :) But I have to face the truth; my days of never being sunburnt no matter how long I was outside in the sun are over. I can turn red nowdays. Sad but true.

Tonight I went to the Cuyahoga County Democrats Annual Dinner. (It was a good thing; it's the only reason I got out of the sun at 5.) Jerry Springer spoke; this is now the third or fourth time I've heard him speak in less than a year. I think I've already mentioned that the one time I heard him speak in October I didn't like his speech. (I found his "solution" for the state of Ohio way too simplistic.) Mayor Campbell was supposed to speak, but ran out of there in a hurry. They later said that one of her daughters was in an accident. So I hope that her daughter is ok.

Now, I'm heading to bed. I need to get up early in the morning. And go to work. But it will only be 50.

OH!! The lawn nazi is back!! I'll try to remember to tell you that story tomorrow...

4 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said…

    Uh oh. That sunburn only has peeling and pain in store for you. Use pure Aloe gel and sleep w/a light sheet over you. Silly girl! When you are older than 28 you will WISH you didn't do that to your skin. But I understand the temptation.....Too bad it was mixed with caselaw though. Blech

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not a fan of sunburns, myself. But that's because I'm a very fair skinned redhead so when I burn I get roasty toasty. I burn so damn easily I swear, two minutes inteh sun and I'm starting to burn. No tan for me! :\

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger BarbaraMG said…

    Try a cool bath. Hope you feel better!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    Jen, I think my arms are ok. They have turned more or less tan. Slight red undercurrent, but nothing bad. Clothing again is ok. The legs are something else,and likely will peel. They will hurt every now and again. Nothing too bad. I have the aloe gel.

    JasonB, yeah, but I'm an olive complected Greek. I don't generally burn.

    Barbara, so far it's ok. Not too bad at all. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.