It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

29.5.05

I got the Darth Vader toy from Star Wars from Burger King!

This made me laugh. "Nine Inch Nails dropped out of the MTV Movie Awards after clashing with the network over an image of President Bush the band planned as a performance backdrop." Reznor's response: "Apparently, the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me." Ha.

The Killers were really good live, if anyone plans to go. Wven with the little 14 year olds in front of me, shrilly screaming how much they love them. I swear to god, I would have given my firstborn if they would have gone through puberty during the concert so that at least the screams would be less shrill. (Oh, and afterwards, we went to the piano bar and Billy was there. Still adorable.)

My cousin died on Thursday, so I have to go to the wake tomorrow and the funeral on Tuesday. Tomorrow I have to go to the cemetary because it's Memorial Day. The sad thing is that my cousin who died, he was one of the people who participated in the Memorial Day parade and ceremony. And he'll actually be buried in the cemetary (it's an orthodox one) but not until Tuesday.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Yeah, I know. And he went to my college. (Of course, he either failed our or quot after his first year. And I was there YEARS after she was.)

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    The NIN/MTV flap actually got my dander up more than I thought it would have. I thought this was America, where it was ok to discuss or acknowledge one's political point of view. Just how scared of our government is the media these days?

    And I'm sorry about your cousion.

    Take care.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Matthew, it wasn't unexpected. And I agree that MTV's response was a joke. Total joke. The First Amendment is dying. It's depressing to see.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.