It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

27.5.05

My cute little iPod has 264 REM songs on it. This makes me very happy. The fact that I can have REM any time my little heart desires, any song, immediately, is quite possibly the greatest REM invention ever. And for those keeping count, the concert is in 14 days. Friday June 10th.

I haven't quite figured out what is the difference between "Alternative" and "Alternative and Punk." Nor have I figured out how The Cure's earliest stuff is labeled "Rock." And yet, the pretend that Hoobastank as "Alternative." These are the things that keep me up at night...

One of the partners is wearing two different shoes today. Even worse, one brown, one black - not even the color. And even worse, he's got a meeting with a client. I had dinner with a client last night. See, the trick to hangin' with clients is (1) not to call it "hangin' with clients; and (2) just pretend that you are back in college and it's formal rush. You put on that face, that expression and vocal inflection ("really? You say that Mapquest told you to turn left, but you could only turn right? That's so funny.") and you smile a lot, make a lot of casual conversation, etc. I can do it.

Aww...thanks for the apology. Dick. Bitterness, party of one. I mean, really. ""In hindsight it was unwise to attempt to learn to ride a motorcycle without a professional instructor in a controlled environment." Well DUH. I mean, I can ride a motorcycle, but if I get injured, I'm not taking ANOTHER year off. This guy is a millionaire and hasn't worked a day in two years. No joke. So he apologized "While many of you are disappointed that I will not be on the field . . . this upcoming season, no one is more disappointed in this fact than me." But let's be truthful, we're all adults here. This is the part that he's really sorry about: "Because he broke a dangerous activities clause in his contract, the Browns may try to recoup a portion of the $5.05 million in bonuses he has received since signing a six-year, $40 million contract last season."

Seriously, I hate a search today to get to my blog that was:
how do you know if you are with the right guy
Wow...Umm...Sorry. Can't help ya. Trust me, the last thing that you want is my advice on it.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    You should be a PR person for REM. You're praise for current REM is even worse than Bill Berry. At least he has an excuse to pump up their latest crap - he's probably still gettin royalities.

    Call it 'punk' , 'alternative', 'progressive' , or a combination of those three. Whatever, REM couldn't find rock in a quarry.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Easy, you clearly have bad taste in music. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.