It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

17.7.05

I was in Buffalo at 12 today, and had to be in Cleveland by 3 for a softball game. Meanwhile, from Buffalo until about 10 miles outside of Cleveland, it was raining like the heavens opened. It was almost impossible to see out the windows. I'm thinking the entire 3 hours, "no way are we playing this game..." Turns out that it stopped raining early enough for them to buy some kitty litter and put it on the field. Yes, we are sure high tech...

Harry Potter was magnificant. Did you hear me?? Magnificant. Go buy it. However, I think that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was overrated. In fact, Johnny Depp's performance reminded me of Michael Jackson. It was frightening. And not giving anything away, but the flashbacks annoyed me.

At the Harry Potter party Friday night before we got the book, there was a sorting hat ceremony. What does it say when I was happy to be placed in Slytherin?? I am evil.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'm not too far into HBP yet (I swear, I have a never-ending hangover), but I've heard very positive reviews, so I'm excited.

    Man, I want to be sorted! I took an online quiz once and got Gryffindor. I'd say that's about right. I think I'd be least likely to be Slytherin, but maybe that's because I often compare them to Republicans.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ebert and Roeper both disliked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too...

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    I'll be in Buffalo

    I didn't go to Buffalo until Saturday though - my Harry Potter party was here in Cleveland at Joseph Beth's.

    Sarah, you will LOVE it. It was fantastic. I think that most of the little kids of Gryffindor. I felt bad for the Hufflepuffs. The losers.

    Steppie, I hadn't heard that, but I'm glad then. I thought it was just me!

    Curtis, really? Most of the reviews I thought were positive?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.