It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

20.7.05

My lava lamp, one with blue liquid and white lava, is SO friggin' old that now it's more yellowish lava with clear liquid. I need to get a new lava lamp. I wonder why - I've only had it since I was 16. (It was the first purchase I ever made with my first paycheck from McDonalds. Money well spent - it's gone to college with me, law school with me, and is currently in my office at work. It's soothing and calming and lasted far longer than most of the stuff I spent my paycheck on...)

Wednesday. Soccer night. I joined two teams this season. Tonight I had a 6.30 game and an 8.30 game. So I thought that I'd have 7.30 to relax and whatnot. (Especially important b/c we had no subs for my 6.30 game.) But when the game was over (we lost, 4-5), I was talking to one of the guys on the team playing next (asking who won the champtionship - we lost to them in the finals, 1-0. They won the finals, 3-0 and said we were toughter. Sweet.) They asked if I changed teams, I said no, I was playing on two teams and my other team played at 8.30. So they asked if I was willing to play the 7.30 game b/c they were short girls and otherwise had to play a man down. (This was the team that has hurt me...twice.) As I figured they aren't going to hurt me while I'm playing with them, I agreed. But again, no female subs. For the love of God...Then at 8.30 was my original team. We had female subs, so I got to sub out the first half (though I played the entire second half). Let me just say, by the end of the game (1) I was gross and covered with so much sweat that I disgusted myself; (2) I was SO exhausted. My god, what was going through my mind??? But the most amazing thing? I played three games, and I didn't get hurt. At all. Of course, it was only the first week of the season. Give me time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.