It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

27.7.05

Yesterday my alarm went off. I groggily wake up. I'm not a morning person. By any stretch. They are playing a Christmas song on the radio. I'm confused, but stumble into the shower, convinced somehow that the Christmas music is a figment of my imagination.

I get out of the shower. The radio station is STILL playing Christmas music. The morning guys say that they will be playing Christmas music until Christmas day.

Despite the hour, I begin to think. No, it's summer time. I think. What if it's not? Maybe I was in a coma for five months?? (I'm still tired; logic isn't my strong point even when I'm well rested). Maybe it's really December and I just am losing my slim grip on reality. Maybe I'm in a parallel dimension? Maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear and there really isn't Christmas music? Am I like Descartes, looking for ways to prove to myself that I never know when I'm dreaming or not?

People are calling in to request Christmas songs, and everyone is saying "Merry Christmas." I'm beyond confused. Clearly, people know something that I don't. I went to the window. No snow outside. No, I need more proof. I open the window.

D'oh! I have a security alarm. And now my security alarm is blasting. Loudly. Calling attention to the fact that I am standing in the window in a towel as well.

And then the security company calls, and I have to explain that I set the alarm off when I opened the window to see if it was December.

Yes, it was a great way to start the day. Practically flashing the neighbors, and scaring my security company. Thanks, 106.5.

13 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Scarlett said…

    That is bizarro. Around here, we have a station that plays the whole month of December, but I never heard of now till then. That is five months.

    I know I would have been the same way, I get confused on the weekend and panic thinking I might be missing work.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    It is July, and a hot one at that!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Mac, today they weren't playing Christmas music. Quite odd.

    Yoga, yeah, evidently they were playing Christmas music b/c it was a hot day in July and that would make people feel cooler.

    Alli, I am so glad that you enjoy my problems in life...

    Estarz, WAY back when 106.5 was a soft rock station. Now they are an 80s and 90s rock station. I remeber Power 108. Then I remember when it turned inot The End (the college rock, alternative stuff pre-Nirvana). Now it's sometine else, I have no idea what.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    AH never mind, I am posting this one on my blog.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said…

    Hmmm...nearly flashing the neighbors sounds like a win/win for the neighbors to me.....

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    WTF? Christmas music from now through December?

    WTF?

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen sent me
    that was too funny
    gotta hate when morning radio fucks with you head

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would've liked to receive the same gift you gave the neighbors. Merry Christmas!!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Colonial Crest Crew said…

    Where do you live? We don't remember where it was, but we read that due to the heat, one radio station was playing christmas music to help people at least pretend to be cool.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh, that's great. Well, great to read. maybe not so great for you inthe morning.

    I'm not a morning person either. I can't stand mornings and wish someone would pass a law agaisnt them. :\ heh

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    We're all going to become your next door neighbors. ;)

    I'm very reluctant to buy a security alarm; I don't know how many false alarms we'd set off.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Corona Red said…

    Came to visit via nycbeauty.blogspot.com

    It's almost worse since it was first thing in the morning.

    That is too awful!

    Can't these people just wait until at least Halloween is over? My Goodness.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    estarz, but do you remember the "Powere 108 is my favorite radio station" context on the index cards for te free Tiffany concert??

    Michael, more of a win for the neighbors if I actually DID flash them perhaps... Nearly only counts in horseshoes and hand granades. Or is that close? Whatever.

    Matthew, it was a joke b/c it was so hot (I later learned.)

    Master Foley, but I'm so easy to mess with. I prefer trusting...

    Keith, Hopefully not *too* many of my neighbors enjoyed the gift.

    ColonialCrestCrew, I live in Cleveland. I think that another radio station in the south or east did it the next day. It was on the internet. But in Cleveland, we did it first. :) For what I assume was the same reason though. I'm not 100% sure though.

    Jason, yeah, it's more fun for you all than it was for me.

    Ontario Emperor, better than the lawn nazi I guess.

    Corona Red, that's what I'm saying. Great way to START the day. I almost freaked out over the school supplies the other day. I started whimpering for them to at least wait until August before they tortured me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.