It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

9.8.05

A few headlines:

Did I miss something? Does Venezuela have oil? And that is harsh: "Chavez called the United States the 'most savage, cruel and murderous empire that has existed in the history of the world.'"

And hasn't this poor family suffered enough? Dana Reeve (Superman's wife) announced that she has lung cancer.

And here's a goal for you. Texas Man Aims to Visit Every Starbucks. I don't drink coffee (or any caffeine, actually) but that just sounds like an aimless goal. "Every time I reach a Starbucks I feel like I've accomplished something, when actually I have accomplished nothing." Then again, I want to hit every major league baseball park, so who am I to talk about pointless endeavors?

Oh, my 30th birthday is in 11 months! Which means that my surprise 3oth birthday was 11 months from yesterday. (Remember, the day before my birthday, becusue I won't be expecting it then.) You are all invited, of course.

More later.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Scarlett said…

    Is this guy making a movie or trying to get in the Guiness world record book?

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I learned about this today

    The other two stories make the Starbucks guy look like a dope. Is there any reason he's doing this? Raising money? Awareness? His caffeine level? ;)

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger p.p. said…

    Chavez is a lunatic, but so is our President. So, who knows...

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    I had heard about a person who already did the Starbucks gig, so so I thought...

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Stephanie, that's my kind of guy! :)

    Mac, a movie. You cynic! Accurate, but cynical!

    Eden, interesting...

    Peter, yeah, I'd agree with that...

    Jen, really? A second person? Or this person you heard about?? There are over 5000 Starbucks. Geesh!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    That's terrible news about Christopher Reeve's widow. As if she hasn't been through enough already.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger derek said…

    Chaves rocks...

    And, yes, Venezuela does have oil. They are in OPEC and they own CITGO. So every dime you spend at CITGO goes to get poor Venezuelans health care. I would MUCH rather spend money on that than more terrorist attacks...I am not going to say any names COUGH*Saudis*COUGH.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Matthew, that was my response too.

    Derek, see, I learn something new every day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.