It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

25.8.05

I made the comment that I'm done with two things in life: alcohol and men. (Or, as my friend would says, boys and booze.) My friends don't seem to believe I can do it. Give up booze I mean. Personally, I'd think that alcohol is easier to give up, but I guess everyone has their own addictions. Totally inappropriate men are mine. More so than alcohol...

(I had someone tell me that they liked me in spite of my mind. The more I think about it, the more insulted I get. There is more to the conversation, but really, that should be enough, in my opinion. Likes me IN SPITE OF my mind? How exactly is that a compliment in XY chromosome land??)

Oh, for those in Cleveland, the Garage Bar is having all you can drink beer and wine for $10 tomorrow for happy hour (from 6-9.)

I had my mid-year review at work today. I'd rather people just criticize me throught the year - it's much more comfortable than hearing all the ways in which I suck in one sitting. At least if you aren't going to give me alcohol.

(Maybe my friends are right about the booze.)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    How about a consolation beer?

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    How does that not violate the no boys, no booze rules? Well..Maybe next week! ;)

    My problem is that I prefer hard alcohol to beer. My current favorite drink (and the one that got me sick on Saturday night): Purple Rain. It's essentially a Long Island Ice Tea, but instead of the coke, it's chambord alcohol...

    Yes, we see the problem...

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I could give up booze in a heartbeat but never men. The very thought... brain cannot process...

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Okay, next week it's Tullimore Dew! BTW, two rules, ie, two negatives, cancel one another!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.