It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

22.9.05

I don't like change. So when the Convo Center became the Wolstein Center, I gritted my teeth and didn't say anything, even though I was most displeased. But when Gund Arena becomes Quicken Loans Arena (or "The Q") I cannot stay silent anymore. I'm sorry, it sounds silly to say, "I'm going to the Q."

And just so I'm not mistaken, when you are interviewing for one job, and the person you are interviewing with tells you that you should - and want to - work in a completely different career ... that's not a good sign, right??

This past weekend, we were talking about Gillette's new razor that has the 5 blades, with a 6th blade on the back? SIX blades total. AND it vibrates. Can anyone else say lawn mower??

And how about my Indians?? Though I've been saying that I'd give my first born if the Yankees don't make the playoffs. We were keeping them out - until Boston decided that they wanted the Yankees to get to the playoffs. Idiots.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Change: The "RCA DOme" in Indy is still the Hoosier Dome to me. Nothing will change that, bastards.

    *Baseball: I'm pulling for hte Indians. Thy're SCRAPPY (my favorite adjective for an overacheiving sports team). As much as I hate the yankees and would love to see them miss the postseason, I almost hate Red Sox *fans* more, so I'm torn. Part of me hopes both teams get swallowed into the earth.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Alli, I don't like the British sense of humor or sophisticaiton. "The rain in Spain..." Grr...

    estarz, Wolstein Center is named after Bert Wolstein. It was named after him when he died. He did real estate, gave money to Case , etc. Back in the day when I was young, I remember him as the Force owner. :)

    Steppie, now you'll have to have fond memories of the Q...see, doesn't sound appealing does it?? But you understand what I mean then!!

    Jason, you understand too then!! And I like the Indians best too (obviously) but I think that it's cool that they are giving these teams who use the entire Major League System as their farm system a run for their money. The fact that the Red Sox and the Yankees worst nightmare right now are THE INDIANS cracks me up. The Indians payroll 41 million. The Yankees, 205. You can buy 4 Indians teams for the cost of the Yankees.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    At least you don't have to live in the proximity of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (so named by Rita Moreno of Arte).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.