It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

15.9.05

“You cuddle, you call.”

My one friend came up with this basic hook up rule. Basically, the rule is (if it’s not apparent) that if you hook up with someone and you cuddle afterwards, then you have to call. If you do not cuddle, then it’s just sex and no one owes anyone a call.

Which is a brilliant rule – except if you don’t want someone to call despite the fact that there was cuddling. In which case, thank gosh that cell phones come with built in caller id...


And will some male please explain to me the purpose of the three day rule? I don't get it. What is the point?? If you are interested, am I supposed to think less if you call after 2 days? Or am I supposed to think more of you because you were predictible and called after exactly three days, right on schedule? Give me a break. Not to mention that by the time I gave you my number, there is a 50/50 chance that I forgot who you were. Good plan... I'm not saying become a stalker and call immediately, but the predicitbility of the three day rule is silly.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    Oh no. So what happens if you cuddle...and then call when you get home? (And it is good and smiley that he did, not scary and stalkerish!)

    Yikes! ;)

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    May women call post cuddle? Who arbitrates such matters? I'm calling my lawyer!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger derek said…

    Basically, screw the x day rule!

    If you wish to speak with him/her, call her. Of course, you should be considerate of their time but call them. A lot of these waiting games are just that, games.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Jen Jen Jen. You have your friends saying, "who IS this person?" to you on the phone.

    Yoga, I suppose they can - but few do. It's still the boy's job to chase. Hey, you get to piss out of a speeding car while we can't. I am not sure what this has to do with the guy chasing, but work with me.

    Derek, see, I agree. And yet, that rarely occurs...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.