It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

1.9.05

Yesterday, I actually played soccer. I wasn't expecting this. I wasn't mentally prepared to play.

First, it had been raining for most of the past 24 hours. They cancel the games when the sky LOOKS grey. So I was all mentally prepared to meet my friends for happy hour and get a good night sleep. I pay this mortgage for this house that I never see - I thought maybe I'd reconnect, remember why it was that I fell in love with my house in the first place (oh, wait, I never did; I just wanted to get rid of my real estate agent, and making a $220,000 purchase seemed like the best way to do it without hurting anyone's feelings).

But no, because it had cleared up by gametime, the game went on, and my entire evening plans went into flux. But that's not the worst of it, b/c I can rev myself up to play a game even when it's unexpected and requires me to play in the mud. In fact, that might be fun - though the "no slidetacking" rule, when playing in mud, is just cruel and unusual.

No, the worst part is that I played my first game in the water. And now I've confused, b/c I've jsut said that it cleared up. Friggin' Ccty of Cleveland, specifically Brookside Park, has the bloody sprinkler system on. What the HELL? I mean, really...sprinklers? It's just rained for 24 hours. That might be more collective rain that in the past four months. And you put the sprinklers on? And they can't even turn off. So basically, you had to dodge the sprinklers (sticking up from the ground, ready to trip you for looking at them cross-eyed. I know the sprinkers had evil intents). You had to run through the spray of water going after the ball (The one sprinkers was right in front of the goal.) If you kicked the ball, it will hit the water and just die. And I was soaked, drenched, by about 5 minutes into the game.

Really, Cleveland! Sprinklers?!? We've only been playing on the field on Wednesday nights since April...Was this really a shock to you??

And, oh, by the way, cut the freakin' grass too. It's been forever, and the ball just dies. It's impossible to dribble, kick, or any of the things that are, oh, say, helpful in the game of soccer. Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

Oh, does anyone want to go with me to see the Cinci Orchestra play at Blossom Saturday night? It's the Star Wars music...Yes, I'm a dork. But my friends all don't want to go, for some crazy reason. Fireworks afterwards. How can you refuse? Otherwise, I'll be the sad girl all by herself at Blossom... Sadly, I see that as my future. Sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Star Wars and fireworks? You couldn't keep Erieites away!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.