It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

6.9.05

Just in case anyone was wondering what I did with Jody Gerut gone on the Indians, I decided that I would jump on the Grady Sizemore bandwagon. Granted. he's a child (1982! I'm not even kidding) but he can legally drink at least, right? And he's got adorable dimples. Granted, he's no Jody Gerut, who I haven't been able to stalk since his trade, but we make do with what we have to here in Cleveland.

Oh, and the home plate umpire ejected two Detroit fans during the Indians game tonight. FANS. That is awesome. And, despite dropping 2 of 3 to the Twins this past weekend (insert swearing here), the Indians are only a game behind in the wild card race. Here's my thing. Please don't do this to me Tribe. You know, I've had my heart broken more times than I can count. Never by a guy, granted, but by my sports teams. Red Right '88 (I only vaguely remember that, actually.) The Drive. The Fumble. The Shot (Jordan over Ehlo). The Error (Not that Fernandez hurt the most, the hurt is just most recent.)

Ok, my point (yes, I have one). If you are going to do a typical "Cleveland failing" please just do me a favor and get it over with now. Don't drag it out all month only to f*ck up at the end of the season. I can't stand the getting my hopes up, when I KNOW what the outcome will be. And the thing is, I tell myself that, but there is some disconnect between my mind and my heart, you know? (Yes, I'm still talking about my Indians, not my taste in guys...though it applies there as well.) So yeah, heartbreak is coming. I'm a Clevelander. It's as much a guarantee as lake effect snow in the winter, and orange barrels in the summer...And I just wish I'd get it over with now, rather than dragging it out. Pull the bandaid offf quickly, you know? (Though I have to say that I have tickets to the September 30th game - how awesome would that be if the Indians were still hanging around the wild card. Last weekend series of the season.)

For the record, I'd still give my firstborn if the Yankees don't even make the playoffs... My currently pregnant girlfriend is appalled by that statement, but any self respecting Clevelander would. She's from Detroit, what does she know!

And I spend the weekend with some guys from Texas. Of course, *next* weekend is when Ohio State plays Texas so we were one week off. Then again, maybe the fact that they weren't playing the weekend when we were hanging out is the only reason we were able to hang out...Of course, let's be honest, when Ohio State wins, what are the odds that I'm not going to call them and be obnoxious? None. I'm me.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like american art on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Thanks.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    "They're still shitty."

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.