It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

21.11.05

You know what I meant to tell you yesterday and I forgot to? Go read Christopher Moore's Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. My friend lent it to me and it is hysterical. Lines are just thrown out. For example, two angels talking:

Angel 1: Bring me back some chocolate.

Angel 2: Chocolate?
Angel 1: You''ll like it. Satan invented it.
Angel 2: Devil's food?
Angel 1: You can only eat so much white cake.

(Think about it for a moment. I said the line to someone and got a blank look.) Check the book out. For reals. It's classic. It's the lost years of Jesus.

And this story is too priceless. Understand, I am a horoscope type of girl. The "What's your sign" line probably would have worked on my back in the day when it was popular. I love reading my horoscope. In fact, I read it and try to interpret it (with the help of two of my friends) on a daily basis. I mean, how else does one make decisions in life? Rely solely on the Magic 8 Ball? But anyway, read this story. The best part:
Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said that he will not answer reproters' questions until after next year because the alighment of the planets is not in his favor.

"Right now Mercury ... is in a corner perfectly aligned with my star. Mercury is no good, so if it's not good, I am going to request not to speak. I'll just wait until next year to talk," Thaksin told reporters Sunday after returning to Bangkok from a trip to South Korea and China.

He added that Mercury moves slowly and will not steer clear of his star until next year.

How classic is that? Can I refuse to work when Mercury does a number on me?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.