It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

16.1.06

Saturday night I went on a Mystery Pubcrawl that was written about in The Plain Dealer. 220 people, 5 buses. 4 bars. Jello shots. Men without shirts (on our way to the first bar!) And that's all great, but I want to share a funny (?) story. Bar #3 (I think) of the barcrawl, I saw the managing partner and Yoda (and their wives). Now understand that at this point, I'm 14 jello shots, 1 beer, 3 Smirnoff Twisted, and 2 Smirnoff Ice into the evening. In other words, I'm the opposite of sober. So...I went up and hugged them. AND their wives. Umm... yeah. SO getting fired.

Other than that, it was a good time. I met some interesting people. (One who told me I looked like Salma Hayek in Frida...which I took as an insult.) It was a good time. I really liked not knowing what was next. Me, the control freak, and I liked that. And I liked being on the bus travelling and whatnot. Something about jello shots, bad beer, and loudness is just fun.

Nothing shows you how completely out od shape you are quicker than indoor soccer. The game last night (and I do mean last night. Who plays at 10 pm? That's inhuman!!) was against high school kids. They weren't even all able to drive!! Their parents were there. Hell, the game doesn't end until 11, and that's after curfew as well!!

And the girls would push off b/c the guys on our team were hesitant about playing hard against little girls who didn't even have breasts, 15 years younger. So they were getting away with A LOT. At one point, one of them FINALLY got called for the foul, and the girl on the bench was like, "oh, come on, she's 14 and he's 42!" 42?!?!? 42?!?!? Are you kidding me?? Oh, my!! I mean, I remember that when I was that young, all "old" people seem really old, but I'm not even 30 yet!! And there are a few people on the team who are 22 or 23. The average age is probablt 25 or so. C'mon! 42!!

You can tell they are young, and they haven't really been exposed to alcohol, let alone ever tried to play a soccer game hung over. The last 10 minutes of the first half, and the entire second part of the second half, we were dragging. As I said, nothing illustratse just how out of shape you actually are better than indoor soccer.

And for those who watch 24 (and I admit being addicted) OH.MY.GOD...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.