It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

24.2.05

I understand you can look at a baby and feel all sorts of feelings. Tenderness. Responsibility. Overwheming awe.

But a sexual response? I just don't get that. At all. Disgusting. How on earth do you sexually assault a 7-month old? What type of person is that? Other than a monster, which I understand, what type of person, what happened to that person, what is missing, I just don't get it.

This is where I maintain there is a special place in hell for people who hurt animals and children. I would love to send them there myself...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    I have always pooh-poohed the assertions that rape is not a crime of sex, but a crime of violence. However, it appears that the assertions are correct - this was a crime of violence, not of sex. The parents completely assaulted the kid, trying to sever the tongue and everything else; it's just that they also assaulted the sexual organs while they were doing it.

    I don't know what type of law you practice, but perhaps you could explain a distinction to me. When a criminal does something completely outrageous, the common thinking is that the criminal is a "monster" or (note the term) a "madman." Yet, when the case gets to trial, we need to judge whether this so-called "madman" is sane or insane. Granted that we're probably talking about two different things, but how do you distinguish between a sane madman and an insane madman?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.