It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

28.4.05

I had an entire post and Blogger ate it. Damn Blogger. Blogger is not my friend. Blogger is the enemy.

So soccer was cancelled last night - AGAIN . Three straight weeks. I’m getting a little anxious. I mean, I wanna play, you know? I love kicking things. Football and softball are fun and all, but I love soccer. This is a travesty. I’m trying to be strong about it, but it’s just really hard, you know?

But that allowed me to go to the Indians game last night, as suite tickets were up for grabs. (Too bad you all don’t live here, the suite is a great place to watch the game. Especially when it’s cold and rainy.) :) Then again, it was a really BAD Indians game. Should we be concerned? This is the second time that Westbrook has gotten crushed by the Tigers. Now, the Tigers are the best offensive team in the AL right now I believe, and they are great low ball hitters (Westbrook is a ground ball pitcher) but (1) we see the irony, that the Tigers are the team that got Westbrook into the starting lineup and (2) that does not bode well, if Westbrook is either hurt, or teams have figured him out. I don’t know. AND I discovered the source of my irritation with the dessert cart. It’s not that they just stopped serving the strawberries with whipped cream (my favorite), it’s that they have a new catering company who is vastly unqualified. AND I’ve been to the suite twice this year, and haven’t had a drop of alcohol. (The hard liquor cabinet is now open - not just the beer and wine. For opening day, a named partner went to the game. He asked them to unlock the liquor cabinet. The woman replied, “I’ve been told by [our office manager] of [our firm name] not to open the liquor cabinet.” Named partner said, “I’m the [his last name] in [firm name.]” Didn’t work. Can you imagine?? So now it’s always open. Amaretto sours, for the taking, and none for me. Alas, life shall go on. We hope. (I think I’m in a more melodramatic mood that usual).

But anyway, there was this woman in the suite (a family member. She drove me up the wall. I was sitting on a chair, I got up to get a drink, and she took my chair. Later, she was outside talking to her husband, so I sat back down. But I sit on chairs, not in chairs. So I’m on the armrest. She comes back in and sits ON my legs. Unfortunately, she was an American Idol fan. You see, not only is American Idol the best show ever, but it’s also the number 1 show and has more than 36 million people watch a show. And if you bother to point out the facts, like Nielson’s disagrees and not only doesn’t have it ranked the #1 show, but that even the #1 show isn’t getting 36 million people a week, she replies that Nielsens are not accurate b/c Ryan Seacreast said so, and that CSI can’t be the #1 show because she doesn’t like CSI. Then I had to head how she should be a judge. How this is the best show to ever. How talented Ryan Seacreast is. Then I had to hear who was in the top however many, who was the best overall, the best each week, who looked nicest, what they sang each week, what the comments from the judges were. Then she started with past seasons. I’m not even paying attention to her and she’s still talking, like some sort of cricket in the background with their legs moving, except it’s her mouth moving and she’s nowhere near as calming as crickets. Though you did have the same desire to squish her. All this while she TURNED THE GAME OFF in the suite to watch American Idol. It’s a friggin’ baseball game. She said she wouldn’t have gone if she couldn’t watch AI. Well, I wouldn’t have gone if I thought that I did have to. She talked about who is doing the best after the show, how the show is rigged, how this and that - it was literally three hours of hell. I wish I was making this up, people. One of the associates said, “I’ve known her since I was a kid. I could tell you stories.” I replied, “I’ve spent an evening with her, so could I.” Have you ever heard of hell??

So I finally bought an iPod (I figured that I’d forgo the cuteness and go for ones that would give me any song I happened to want at any given time. I’m one of those people who, when I get an idea in my head, needs to satisfy that idea RIGHT NOW. So it holds 15,000 songs. I think that’s a good call - just the songs I *like* from my cds, not the entire cd, and I’m at 1286 songs. Oh, and I’m on the Cs. Though every REM song (all 263 of them) are already on the iTunes. But then I get to cds that, for the life of me, I have no idea why I bought. Today's entry: Candlebox. Seriously, anyone got any clarity?

I’ve got a Queen Medusa thing going on with my hair today. Not sexy. Not sexy at all.

And speaking of not sexy, Angelina Jolie, the most beautiful person? I just don’t get it. Maybe someone can explain it to me? She’s just...ick. I don’t get People magazine sometimes...

And what the fuck is up with gas going up 20 cents in just a few hours. From when I went to work to when I returned from work? That’s bullshit. See what happens when Bush starts holding hands with men??? (The two are clearly connected.)

And as an aside, has anyone ever heard of a British band called The Panic? I’m looking for a song that they sing (without any luck). Any help would be appreciated.

“President Bush will hold a prime time news conference Thursday to discuss two "important priorities" for the White House -- Social Security and energy -- a spokesman said.” So he’s gonna interrupt sweeps - starting tomorrow - to talk about his stupid social security plan that the public disagrees with? Just wanna make sure I understand what I plan to mock.

I promised I’d get to the story about my secretary who tried to fire me. I haven’t forgotten. I’ll get to it. It’s long and I don’t want to cheat you all (it was part of what Blogger ate, but it will take a while to rewrite.)

Finally, via Jason:


kiss my ass2
congratulations. you are the kiss my ass happy
bunny. You don't care about anyone or anything.
You must be so proud


which happy bunny are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

It won’t let me learn what Greek God I am. No fair. I’ll see if it lets me later. But we learned that I’m a bitch who doesn’t give a damn what others thing...wait, I guess we didn’t learn that. We already knew that...

9 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    Wow. You sure cover a lot of ground. Go downstairs and kick that punching bag a few 1000 times.

    Love you...

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Sorry Blogger ate your post.

    At what point did this happen?

    Typically, I try and copy & paste a newly written post before clicking the 'Save as draft' or 'Publish' buttons.

    Just a suggestion. :-/

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Angelina Jolie. LOVE HER. She's one of three women I'd go completely gay for. But she is one of those people that either you find stunning or don't. There's no inbetween.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    I've never worked for a company that owned a sports suite. Perhaps I should count my blessings.

    I used to work for a company that had Clippers tickets. After I left, the company went public...then became a sub-penny stock. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

    I never think about saving copies of posts until AFTER I run into a problem. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I can still copy the text of the post out of the browser window.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    I'm going to start system where I compose my blogger posts in, say, WordPerfect. Then I'll copy and paste the entry into blogger when I'm ready to post it.

    I say this now, but I am certain I will lapse in this suggestion.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    I'm one of those few guys who just does not dig Ms. Jolie, which is especially odd since I usually go for the dark hair dark eye types. I think it has to do with the whole Billy Bob thing - she's just creepy. I'd rather bump uglies with Liv Tyler, even though she looks way too much like her dad for my tastes.

    Give me Sophia Bush any day. Grrrrr.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What Ipod did you get? I think before my bar trip, I want to get an ipod photo. That way I can listen to music and download the many pictures I take from my digital cam to the ipod while on the trip.

    As far as can tell, Candlebox had a really good single, "You." Beyond that, I'm not sure why you have Candlebox.

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger Dern said…

    I rank in there with the out of touch with TV ranks. Someone brought up something about American Idol to me last week.....it was greeted with blank stare.

    I heard that gas prices on the mainland are now about what they are here.....nuts; not exactly making me want to go back to the mainland and drive my car 50+ miles a day......

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Oh, look at all the "save first" advice. Where were you BEFORE this event? :)
    Curtis, the 60 gb one. Photos.
    Easyw, Maybe it's the Billy Bob thing, maybe it's making out with the brother. Who knows.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.